Itinerary Changes

Ukigirl

Finally some news, sailing on FOS November 11th, supposed to stop in St. Maarten, San Juan and St. Kitts. Found out this morning ports are being replaced by Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Ocho Rios. Kind of relieved even though St Maarten is our favorite port, RCCL made the right call in my opinion. Never been to Grand Cayman so looking forward to a new adventure, not crazy about Jamaica so another sea day for us. See you next year St Maarten!

If you haven't been to Grand Cayman, I would recommend either swimming with the stingrays. I would book this from outside vendor such as Captain Marvins - less people and more individual attention. My other suggestion would be to do a beach day at the Royal Palms Beach Club. Had a wonderful day there!

Grand Cayman is lovely. Take the public bus $2 00 per person (across from the library) up to the top of Seven Mile Beach - well maybe not quite at the top - the driver will know and there is a parking lot there) and walk back down the beach until you get to Royal Palms (stop for a drink there and you can use their facilities once you have a drink in your hand and then grab the bus back). That is what we always do. It is so nice to walk in the water and take pictures of the ships in the distance. Makes for a lovely day. Alternatively, you can go visit the stingrays, but a reminder it is a good 20 minutes on a boat to reach the sandbar where the stingrays hang out and depending on the day, it can be very windy. The cruise line will have its pricy excursions or you can visit the locals right outside the pier where the prices will be a bit lower. If it is your first time to Grand Cayman, it is also nice to wander the streets. Lots of shopping.

Thanks for tips on Cayman, I'll visit port forum for more information. Love Cruise Critic!

A beautiful little beach in Cayman that the tourist throngs rarely go to is Smith Cove. I love Grand Cayman, but it has gotten so busy over the past 20 years as more and more ships dock there. Everyone gets off the ship and heads to the attractions to the left. Smith Cove is about a 20-25 minute walk to the right and it is like I remember Cayman 20 years ago without thousands of tourists.

Finally some news, sailing on FOS November 11th, supposed to stop in St. Maarten, San Juan and St. Kitts. Found out this morning ports are being replaced by Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Ocho Rios. Kind of relieved even though St Maarten is our favorite port, RCCL made the right call in my opinion. Never been to Grand Cayman so looking forward to a new adventure, not crazy about Jamaica so another sea day for us. See you next year St Maarten!

We’re on a B2B, so the ports are the same on the first portion with the exception of Ocho Rios and Labadee. Disappointed not to do the Eastern itinerary, but that sometimes happens. Oh well, still looking forward to the cruise.