Escape/Live/Solo/Halloween '17

sid_9169

The pics of Miami are beautiful, the pics of the steakhouse food look really horrible! You'll get much better meals on the ship!

Nice start to your review; following.

We'll be on the Escape for a Christmas cruise!

It's starting to look like a more appropriate name for this review would be "into the eye of the storm"...

12565cd76a21f7d61f43f2d964a6172d.jpg

42f80cf597eb73c7a42fc9cc7a7e1d3d.jpg

Getting ready to start heading to the port, with hopes that all the bad stuff is behind me. I'm going to take the Metro Mover up a couple of stops and catch an Uber from there. Next stop = Port of Miami!!!...

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

My first Uber driver couldn't find me, so he cancelled ($5 fee) the second driver found me easily, and in a few minutes I arrived at terminal C. I couldn't find any porters out front, so I'm lugging my one wheeled bag on board with me. Thankfully this is my first cruise as Platinum, so I had no need for a boarding number.

Next stop= Vibe pass...

Totally unpacked and settled into my new home for the week... Third time in the Studios on Escape...

c56c1715901b936a5491d116efde1e26.jpg

Unencumbered by my defective luggage, having a Patron fresh lime margarita from the famous Bong at the Vibe Bar.

95f1f4db23eca4094a9e046e53f9fc30.jpg

Too bad about your experience at Wolfgangs! They are supposed to be a Peter Luger knockoff. I went with the boyfriend who is a huge steak lover. He got the porterhouse and was underwhelmed. My filet was pretty good but honestly we should have just gone to Ruth's Chris.

Regarding the Uber cancelation fee, you can have that reversed very easily.

Hope things start too look up as you set sail! The room looks so space agey and cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going to try and knock out a quick segment with my free internet minutes... The cruise critic meet and greet was pretty packed... I suspect that only about 10 percent of the participants were CC members, as it was mostly set up on the "other site"

Lunch was at Food Republic. POA1 recently reported that they were unable to order the Toro Toro under the beverage package, but maybe they just liked the cut of my jib, as I had no problem ordering it...

c3bd75a985648d2b2a2c327ed3a2798e.jpg

Catching the rays at Vibe...

84854358ebcf56a987cfeccf7c294d72.jpg

A little cloudy out, but much better than yesterday...

f1a309233234d5382ed5fa9c82ea0c35.jpg

Also, the Carnival minnow has been following us this whole time...

dcf6ae30b149b8aa40ea44709af1fccf.jpg

I'm no cruise life Rick, but here's my outfit of the day, which has been enjoyed by many so far...

5a90092059db990fb83317547590f5a8.jpg

• Like 1

The forecast for Roatan today was partly cloudy, but it's been raining most of the day... My plan was to go to West Bay, but hanging out at the beach in the rain isn't my idea of vacation...

3a186a6a17557f43948eae0419f28a4b.jpg

In addition, the singles group has turned out to be pretty much a sausage party. Other than that, it's pretty much been eating and drinking all day. Patron silver has been priced to be included in the beverage package, so that's a plus. Dinner tonight is at Cagney's, and I'm hoping for better weather tomorrow in Belize...

When we last left off, it was raining for the third day in a row... be7f9972a2b61d4b427c388a3979dddd.jpg

This continued through the fourth day in Belize yesterday, where I had planned on taking the ferry to placencia. This was not to be, and as of yesterday, I still had not touched land since Miami. The weather today in Costa Maya is a nice change for the better, and more what I'm used to at this time of year is the Caribbean.

Maybe a more apt name for this cruise so far, would be "a comedy of errors" Not only the weather, but several things have just been not quite right in general. I was finally able to get off the ship today in Costa Maya. I've been here several times, and wanted to try something different. I have read about a place South of the malecon called Ship Wrek'd, and thought I would check it out. First of all, it was difficult to even find someone to take me there. I finally found a driver, and soon we were passing the usual spots in town, and ended up on a bumpy dirt road. Now I'm starting to see why they didn't want to take me there.

The area is pretty desolate to say the least. I was hoping that my vacation luck was finally taking a turn for the better...

137e711a656fa96f736f32f307d865d9.jpg

6280196eb5673eb990ed1de6a03f295d.jpg

I wanted some lobster and shrimp. I inquired about the price, and the waiter just pointed at a vague spot on the menu. I through caution to the wind and just ordered, having no real idea how much it would be...

At this point I inquired about a taxi, and figured I would have better luck food wise back at the malecon. Everyone raves about the great food and service at the Tropicante, so I thought I would try it out. It was not to be, and after waiting 20 minutes to try and place an order, I moved on to the Krazy Lobster. It was better than Ship Wrek'd, but still lacking. At this point I decided to just head back to the ship.