Questions about a couple of excursions (Grand Cayman and Cozumel)

Johalla

In Grand Cayman we are doing the Sea Trek and in Cozumel some snorkeling. Our first time for both of these!

My question is what do we do with our stuff on these excursions. I heard there are lockers maybe? Are they safe? I hate to leave my passport and camera somewhere but hey what ya gonna do? Certainly not take them in the ocean. :cool:

Thanks!

In Grand Cayman we are doing the Sea Trek and in Cozumel some snorkeling. Our first time for both of these!

My question is what do we do with our stuff on these excursions. I heard there are lockers maybe? Are they safe? I hate to leave my passport and camera somewhere but hey what ya gonna do? Certainly not take them in the ocean. :cool:

Thanks!

If you are on a boat, you can usually leave your stuff there as you snorkel away. If you feel uncomfortable doing that, give your stuff to the "Captain" of the boat excursion. There are waterproof pouches you can use for passport, S&S card. credit cards, money, etc. Or just bring the bare minmum that you need with you and leave stuff in your cabin's safe.

I've snorkeled a few dozen times and have never had anything that I left on a boat go missing.

Enjoy!

We don’t leave any valuables unattended. We take a beach bag with towels and change of clothes that we leave behind on the beach or boat. We have a waterproof container that you wear like a necklace for IDs, credit card, and cash. It tucks easily into the lifejacket so isn’t a hassle. I don’t bring a phone unless someone in our group doesn’t plan on getting in the water. I did buy a waterproof camera years ago for this situation and it works well. So bring the camera with me as well.

If there’s lockers available, great. But usually there isn’t for a snorkeling excursion and I wouldn’t consider the boat to be any safer to leave items than anywhere else. People are always getting on and off as they want and just because someone can afford to cruise doesn’t mean they can’t be a thief.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bring only what you MUST have...and you can leave it on the boat or bus...whatever your means of transportation is. Don't bring a pricey camera. Bring the bare minimum when you are on an excursion.

Cash, credit cards and your ship's key CAN get wet...put them in hubby's velcroed pocket on his swim trunks!

I did snuba in Grand Caymen in May. It's run by the same company as Sea Trek. There were lockers with one master key so everyone's items were locked at the same time, free of charge. We walked into the water, and the Trek people took a boat. I don't remember if people took their items in the boat but either way I think your things will be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always show our passports to get back into the dock area after an excursion.

You don't need to show your passport. If they want an id besides your ship card, show them your drivers license.

That is what we do. We leave our passports in our cabin's safe.

LEAVE YOUR PASSPORT ON THE SHIP!!! You do not need it at all when you get off the ship. (WE have been cruising 30+ years, 100+ cruises and have never taken it off the ship!)

I take a throw-away camera when we are leaving stuff on the beach or somewhere we have to leave stuff.small amount of cash goes in my husband's Velcro pocket of his bathing suit. Wet money is no problem.

Stuff can be left on a snorkeling boat or in a tour bus.