Specialty restaurant charge no longer includes gratuity

jr1946

I can see that happening but on Drink Packages prior to sail date, the added VAT was added before gratuities. This occurred for us on Freedom September 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On this sailing we had a free premium drinks package with booking in the UK.

That said our wines cost more than the drinks limit so we paid gratuity and vat on the extra.

Who does that??? LOL? Never in a million years would I ever even think to photograph my receipt.

Various receipts have been posted to these boards before. So there are people who actually do such pictures though I would not be one of them.

My experience just last week: Pre-purchased Chops Special Holiday dinner @ $79pp and no add on (don't recall getting bill slip at end of meal). Pre-purchased Chef Table @ $85pp and presented with slip at end of meal with $0 total and space to add tip if wanted which billed to my sea pass account.

Both last week on Adventure of the Seas. I purchased them through my Cruise planner in August and charged to my credit card at time of purchase.

No additional 18% add on.

Gratuity is still built in on pre cruise Purshase. On our recent cruises, where we bought Speciality Dinner onboard, we were told gratuities would be added to our bill.

Who does that??? LOL? Never in a million years would I ever even think to photograph my receipt.

Ha! No copy. Sommelier handed us typical restaurant type of black leather check holder - I opened to $0 balance receipt and there was tip area add on. I did place tip amount which was added to my sea pass account.

We enjoyed Chefs table experience and would do it again.