Vista cabin safe dimensions

dvdisney

Does anyone know the inside dimensions of the cabin safes? We would like to put all of our prescriptions in there, but may need to condense some bottles.

Also is it ok to not have the original prescription bottles? (no flights)

THANKS!!!

You don't need the bottles....you can use the "daily planner" holders, if you like. The safe is larger than a hotel safe, but not large enough for a laptop or something that large. Unless you have MANY Rx's, they should fit just fine. If you have LARGE bottles of vitamins or supplements, put them in something else...they are BULKY!

Anything that won't fit in the safe can be stored in your empty locked luggage!

On the subject of prescription medications, you don't have to have them in a prescription bottle, but I usually do just in case there is ever any question about what I have. I also generally take 10-14 days worth on a week long cruise - you never know if something will cause a delay in getting back to port if you have unfavorable weather.

As far as safe size, my standard ipad does not fit in the safe of any ship I've sailed. So, unless Vista's are larger, you will be limited to cameras, phones, money, passports, etc. An ipad mini might fit in them, though.

Does anyone know the inside dimensions of the cabin safes? We would like to put all of our prescriptions in there, but may need to condense some bottles.

Also is it ok to not have the original prescription bottles? (no flights)

THANKS!!!

You don't need the bottles.

From the Carnival website:

"Stateroom Safe

For our guest's convenience and security, a safe is provided in every stateroom and is located in either a closet or a cabinet. The size of the safe may vary among the fleet - the approximate size is 10" W x 9"H x 8" D.

Depending on the type of safe installed in the stateroom, it can be accessed by using a card with a magnetic strip, such as a credit card; only one designated card can be used to reopen the safe. Some safes can be accessed by using a keypad with a personal numeric code."

I'm pretty sure the safes on Vista had the numeric keypad.