What do women really wear for dinner?

sparker

My husband and I will be cruising December 30, 2005 on the Caribbean Princess and have open seating for dinner. I have purchased (1) formal dress for the cruise but I noticed "no jeans" in dinning room. Does this include personal choice dining? I don't want to be over dressed or under dressed. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Suzanne

I have never had open seating on my cruises so I can only tell you what I'm planning on wearing for my 7 night on RCCL Adventure of the Seas. On smart casual nights I will wear an A-line skirt with a blouse strappy sandals or low heals, on semi-formal I plan on wearing a pink knee length dress with heals, and on formal nights I'm making a strapless floor length gown (color still to be decided) and heals, the other formal night is still up in the air, as I still need to buy one. I have lots of time.

Do you have any ideas of what you'll wear? Give a description if so and I'll let you know what I think.

Have a GREAT TIME!!!

My husband and I will be cruising December 30, 2005 on the Caribbean Princess and have open seating for dinner. I have purchased (1) formal dress for the cruise but I noticed "no jeans" in dinning room. Does this include personal choice dining? I don't want to be over dressed or under dressed. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Suzanne

The only place you might get away with jeans at dinner is in the buffet or the pizza place.

Otherwise a nice dress, dressy pant/top or skirt/top outfit will do.

I've sailed Princess and open seating still follows the dress code for the evening. I never consider jeans so I just take nice slacks and nice tops for casual nights, informal I usually wear skirts, evening style pants or cocktail dresses and formal nights are always long dresses.

j~

I try not to take too many different total outfits. What has worked well for me in the past is to take 1 or 2 prs. black lycra pants and depending on "casual" or "informal" I wear a simple top or a a slightly fancier top/blouse maybe a jacket, too. Shoes vary from casual flats to dressy sandals (which are also used for formal nights). For formal nights I have a long black dress that I wear either by itself (with nice jewelry and a shawl) or with a jacket or sequined top. That way I don't have to take 2 or more dressy dresses. I'm not on the cruise to make a fashion statement, but I certainly want to conform to the "suggested attire" for the evening.

I have never had open seating on my cruises so I can only tell you what I'm planning on wearing for my 7 night on RCCL Adventure of the Seas. On smart casual nights I will wear an A-line skirt with a blouse strappy sandals or low heals, on semi-formal I plan on wearing a pink knee length dress with heals, and on formal nights I'm making a strapless floor length gown (color still to be decided) and heals, the other formal night is still up in the air, as I still need to buy one. I have lots of time.

Do you have any ideas of what you'll wear? Give a description if so and I'll let you know what I think.

Have a GREAT TIME!!!

Well since your cruise is out of San Juan-probally more Europeans will be on your cruise and it will be more dressy-but I can tell you on my Mariner of the Seas cruise you would feel overdressed. I did.

I don't like the idea of someone telling me how to dress. If I am spending my hard earned money to have fun, I will wear what I want. I have been on Carnival several times and did not dress up. I were jeans or kakky pants. What are they going to do? Not let you come to dinner?? I am not going to buy new clothes.

I don't like the idea of someone telling me how to dress. If I am spending my hard earned money to have fun, I will wear what I want. I have been on Carnival several times and did not dress up. I were jeans or kakky pants. What are they going to do? Not let you come to dinner?? I am not going to buy new clothes.

Remind me not to invite you to my wedding. Or my funeral. And if I forget, and DO invite you, please don't show up in jeans. It's just the groundrules I'll want folks to observe at those occasions.

Archived