Nonrefundable fares - WATCH YOUR RATE

tubasteve

Seriously ? The OP mentioned at the end of a very reasonable post that "The man on the phone told me there was nothing he could offer me for the 20 minutes I spent on the phone getting them to correct their glitch."

That's what you call ranting , having an entitled attitude and me, me, me ? RC defenders are delusional and rude .

Actually that last statement is delusional and rude.

Poor customer is just that, nothing more, nothing less. In the case of a number of posters...they attempt to make it more. In a few other cases, they make it sound less.

Regardless of the slanted tilting of the opinions...expecting some kind of compensation for 20 minutes of customer service correction (which is rightfully due) is about as delusional as it gets.

Unless you’re a major shareholder I think the delusions are all yours.

Actually that last statement is delusional and rude.

Poor customer is just that, nothing more, nothing less. In the case of a number of posters...they attempt to make it more. In a few other cases, they make it sound less.

Regardless of the slanted tilting of the opinions...expecting some kind of compensation for 20 minutes of customer service correction (which is rightfully due) is about as delusional as it gets.

Unless you’re a major shareholder I think the delusions are all yours.

We don't have any skin in this - we own no shares. Then again, if people think they warrant some kind of compensation for conducting a 20-minute call to customer service to address an error correction from ANY company...now THAT is delusion. If that were the case, we could all likely retire at 30.

Our TA explained the new pricing model and also showed us the implications (in writing) when we recently booked another cruise.

Looking at some posts in this thread, it's obvious that not everyone understands the 2-tier fare system. It's also clear RCI needs to do a better job explaining it (with any related details). It's that simple.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Seriously ? The OP mentioned at the end of a very reasonable post that "The man on the phone told me there was nothing he could offer me for the 20 minutes I spent on the phone getting them to correct their glitch."

That's what you call ranting , having an entitled attitude and me, me, me ? RC defenders are delusional and rude .

Huh forgot the “if you’re reading” call out to royal to offer compensation and the ending angry face.

What’s in front of and after what you quoted makes a difference.

Read older threads, this has been happening for years with RCI. And not just to non-refundable fares.

Yep.

This has nothing to do with what sort of fare you have, and simply with royal’s IT.

Takes almost no time to fix.

Read older threads, this has been happening for years with RCI. And not just to non-refundable fares.

There was a HUGE cry around March 17 from fares changing on their own.

That is what make the issue more unacceptable. Redesigned websites almost always have glitches that need fixing. It is understandable. The same problem going on for years is a completely different matter. Maybe they are not in a particular rush to fix it because it is not costing them anything in lost compensation? I certainly would hate to think that they don't have enough respect for their customers to fix a well know, and annoying, problem.