Off one and on another??

leono1

I've got a 10 day cruise booked for Nov 2018 on the serenade returning to port everglades on December 10th. depending on how flights work when they come out I may book a second cruise on the independence ots which leaves port everglades on the 10th. As an inexperienced cruiser is this just a case of getting off one and walking round the corner to get on the other? Or am I missing something?

I've got a 10 day cruise booked for Nov 2018 on the serenade returning to port everglades on December 10th. depending on how flights work when they come out I may book a second cruise on the independence ots which leaves port everglades on the 10th. As an inexperienced cruiser is this just a case of getting off one and walking round the corner to get on the other? Or am I missing something?

The ships may or may not be docked within walking distance. Also, Port Everglades is not a friendly environment for walking, being very industrial. Worst cast you have to take a taxi.

Thanks bob, i know its a sort of simple/stupid question :D but i sort of meant, wether it's a walk/taxi, im just making sure there's no hidden surprises I don't know about with disembarking one boat and get on the other in the same morning?

Lots of people do this. Rather than calling it a B2B, I have read some refer to it as a side to side (S2S). There are many who don’t even cruise the same cruise line. They go from one cruise line to another at the same port. No hidden surprises, you will just need to switch out your luggage tags and head to new ship.

Lots of people do this. Rather than calling it a B2B, I have read some refer to it as a side to side (S2S). There are many who don’t even cruise the same cruise line. They go from one cruise line to another at the same port. No hidden surprises, you will just need to switch out your luggage tags and head to new ship.

Piece of cake. We call them side to side. Get off of one & get on another one. Sometimes in the same port, sometimes in different ports.

thanks guys, just what i wanted know, because yeah my other option is maybe getting off the sots and going to do my first carnival cruise from miami :D

thanks guys, just what i wanted know, because yeah my other option is maybe getting off the sots and going to do my first carnival cruise from miami :D

By far it is easier to do it in the same port.

cruzndeb gave you excellent information. :)