Emerald and new Premier drink Package

land lover

Cruising on Emerald in a few weeks will have the PDP. With the past package korbel minis were available are they still providing these? and how about hard ciders, selection?

Yes, the Korbel splits are still included. Only cider I've seen onboard is Strongbow...

Just returned from 28 days on Emerald with the PBP. On a number of occasions we each got a small Korbel and took them, unopened, to our cabin. Mimosas on the balcony were great. :) We were even given champagne flutes without asking in Club Fusion. There was never a question of not getting them unopened. I know others did this as well. Unfortunately, multiple venues ran out of the splits by the end of the cruise but if you checked around on the upper decks they still had some.

On a side note, the ship had just returned from Alaska and one of the pool bars still had Alaska Brewing Company beers on display. We got them unopened to take back to our cabin.

Question Please: Did they put a Premier Drink Package "sticker" on your cruise card?

No sticker. When they run your card (or in my case simply enter the number as most of them knew it quickly :o ) it brings up your cabin number and how many drinks you have ordered that day. I saw it in Wheelhouse on the screen. They know instantly how many drinks you have ordered so they can charge you after 15. It also shows how recently you have purchased a drink. I mostly drink scotch with no ice. A few times I was able to get a double to take to the theater to wait but that was because the bartender knew me well and knew my card number so he just waited 10 minutes or so and entered the second drink. They were very conscientious about putting all drinks into the system.

Just returned from 28 days on Emerald with the PBP. On a number of occasions we each got a small Korbel and took them, unopened, to our cabin. Mimosas on the balcony were great. :) We were even given champagne flutes without asking in Club Fusion. There was never a question of not getting them unopened. I know others did this as well. Unfortunately, multiple venues ran out of the splits by the end of the cruise but if you checked around on the upper decks they still had some.

On a side note, the ship had just returned from Alaska and one of the pool bars still had Alaska Brewing Company beers on display. We got them unopened to take back to our cabin.

Thanks this the info I was looking for someone recently on the Emerald. As availability does change from ship to ship.So how did the new package work did you ever reach your limit? Last year Oct. time, on another ship, I remember having the Alaska choices included in the mini bar set up.

Edited by land lover

No sticker. When they run your card (or in my case simply enter the number as most of them knew it quickly :o ) it brings up your cabin number and how many drinks you have ordered that day. I saw it in Wheelhouse on the screen. They know instantly how many drinks you have ordered so they can charge you after 15. It also shows how recently you have purchased a drink. I mostly drink scotch with no ice. A few times I was able to get a double to take to the theater to wait but that was because the bartender knew me well and knew my card number so he just waited 10 minutes or so and entered the second drink. They were very conscientious about putting all drinks into the system.

So was there a problem with you getting 2 drinks if you had 2 cards, if the other person was not present? I did this all the time on a voyage prior to the change, Especially to grab 2 Korbel. So they just see your cabin number no photo? Does it show what drinks you ordered?

Do I understand your post correctly now there is a 10 minute wait period? I have had the package a few times before and never experienced this. or maybe I wasn't drinking that quickly.

Yes, the Korbel splits are still included. Only cider I've seen onboard is Strongbow...

On my last 2 cruises outside the US that was the only cider. But on an Oct. 2016 a cruise out of San Pedro only at the Wheel House they had 2 others by Rekorderlig.... strawbeery/ kiwi and pear/something, they were wonderful. Was hoping they might reappear. But at that time they were really pushing the Salty Dog...so maybe were trying some other options, that they found were not successful.

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I will have the PBP on the Emerald next week and like knowing I can take the unopened Champagne mini's back to my room.

The main bartender in Club Fusion not only included champagne flutes but also gave me a large glass of OJ (with plastic wrap over the top) to take to the cabin.