Royal Caribbean's Big Ships Vs Little Ships

We've sailed every class but Empress. We just came off our first Anthem cruise and while it is a beautiful ship and has some wonderful indoor areas, we did not like it as much as the Oasis Class. We preferred the Oasis Class entertainment and shows over the Anthem productions.

We have sailed multiple times on all Oasis class, and will be on Symphony in September. We like Freedom and Liberty very much, and have chosen Voyager class several times--Navigator, Explorer and Adventure.

We liked Serenade, but would only choose her now for a very port directed itinerary.

We sailed Grandeur and Monarch, but not likely to choose either again.

All the ships have pluses and minuses--just put me on any one of them and I'll be a happy cruiser.

Barb

I'm curious! Which do you prefer out of Royal Caribbean's big ships / little ships? I personally love the larger ships as there is more to explore and enjoy. I also enjoy how modern they are.

Do you have a preference of ship size for cruising with Royal Caribbean? If yes, why!:confused:

We typically like big and new RC ships. Our favorite thus far is the Harmony so I am sure we will love the symphony also. But we dislike the Quantum class ships- The Oasis class ships have used space wisely and we feel that the Quantum class ships are sectioned off too much and the main space not nearly as nice. Crowd control on that class was also a BIG problem.

Having said the above, we also like the Freedom class. We will, for the first time be sailing on the Adventure which is a smaller older ship-albeit refurbished- so hopefully will enjoy that also.

Liked the smaller ship. Rhapsody is our favorite. Great staff.

Although I'm like a bird attracted to the new shiny stuff. In reality I'm at an age where I'm not doing all the activities, rock climbing,zip lining,flow riding.

Believe it or not the smaller ships pack em in for bingo. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

When the whole family is going the big ships are awesome. When it’s just DW and me the smaller ships are perfect. I do think it’s interesting to remember that many of those “small” ships were once “the largest cruise ship in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the whole family is going the big ships are awesome. When it’s just DW and me the smaller ships are perfect. I do think it’s interesting to remember that many of those “small” ships were once “the largest cruise ship in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. When DH and I went on Voyager 16 years ago, it was the largest. Now, it's more one of Royal's medium size ships. And I love how when a new ship comes out, its about 1 inch longer than the largest.

I also like the Rhapsody best. I was on the 12/3 Liberty cruise, and it was just too much. Too crowded, too many kids.

I wish the Rhapsody was still sailing out of Galveston. Did that twice, and would love to do it again. That ship seemed a perfect blend of size, comfort, amenities, and staff/pax ratio.

I think you'll enjoy Enchantment

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk