Check your cruise price for price protection

mjktg99

I booked our cruise months ago and paid in full at that time. I don’t remember if I picked a specific deal at that time. I see prices have dropped a little bit, but still have 80 something days. When is best time to submit or is there a science to pick the right time?

Send it in now, just remember port fees do change sometimes also.

They do get adjusted. Sometimes + or - $$

If just the port fees go down you will aiutomatically get them refunded on the ship. If they go up and you have done nothing, you will not be charged them on the ship. If they go up and the cruise price goes down, you will have to pay the higher port fees to get the price drop. So always look at the bottom line.

I booked our cruise months ago and paid in full at that time. I don’t remember if I picked a specific deal at that time. I see prices have dropped a little bit, but still have 80 something days. When is best time to submit or is there a science to pick the right time?

I use a site that alerts me to price drops on my particular cruise next year, works really well called (_ _ _ _ Mate) think of what you sail on, lol. But I've booked a Journeys cruise for next November, and have already had $340 in price drops since June when I originally booked. I try to check occasionally, however this email alert lets me know CHECK NOW! Definitely worth it along with all the information that's on the app (deck plans of all ships, port information, etc.) We booked at a reasonable rate to begin with, but this savings is great. Good Luck!

If just the port fees go down you will aiutomatically get them refunded on the ship. If they go up and you have done nothing, you will not be charged them on the ship. If they go up and the cruise price goes down, you will have to pay the higher port fees to get the price drop. So always look at the bottom line.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize they would give you a credit if they go down. Still, I think if rather have that taken off up front.

I use a site that alerts me to price drops on my particular cruise next year, works really well called (_ _ _ _ Mate) think of what you sail on, lol. But I've booked a Journeys cruise for next November, and have already had $340 in price drops since June when I originally booked. I try to check occasionally, however this email alert lets me know CHECK NOW! Definitely worth it along with all the information that's on the app (deck plans of all ships, port information, etc.) We booked at a reasonable rate to begin with, but this savings is great. Good Luck!

I use that site also but mostly because of the ship horn. 😁