NCL Escape Jan 6 Sailing - Ports of Call Changing?

jlowe420

Maybe I'm being hopeful, but after receiving a message on the NCL site about some excursions not being available due to some port changes (which I've not been notified of), I did a bit of searching. The internet seems to think that NCL Escape is docking in St. Thomas on 1/9/2018.

I really hope that's the case, but does anyone know of a better way to tell or have any inside information?

Maybe I'm being hopeful, but after receiving a message on the NCL site about some excursions not being available due to some port changes (which I've not been notified of), I did a bit of searching. The internet seems to think that NCL Escape is docking in St. Thomas on 1/9/2018.

I really hope that's the case, but does anyone know of a better way to tell or have any inside information?

The long way round to figure this out is to go to cruisett and look up the St. Thomas port..it will tell you what ships will be there on that day.

Thats where I was seeing the new ports. I was just not sure if these were the old ports prior to them being changed or if these are new ones.

Jan 6 - Miami

Jan 7

Jan 8

Jan 9 - St. Thomas

Jan 10 - Tortola

Jan 11

Jan 12 - Nassau

Jan 13 - Miami

It says on Cruisett 2017 that the Norwegian Escape will be in St. Thomas on January 9, 2018 and January 10, 2018 in Road Town Tortola. I hope this is the case but wish they would send an Email showing the change in the itinerary.:D

cruiseTT is not very accurate. Notice Tortola is included. I have not seen any reports that it is open again. However, STT has been accepting ships and is clearly operating. What does ncl.com say about your itinerary.

Ncl doesn’t show this itinerary at all it still had Falmouth and grand cayman. I noticed Tortola and the internet seems to indicate it would open back up in nov but don’t know how much truth there is to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That site is probably the least accurate out of the time table sites. That was the original itinerary. This site is showing no NCL visits for a while: https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-tortola-british-virgin-islands-2018.html

I’m sailing the week after you and only have 37 excursions to choose from. I can’t imagine the itinerary will change from the current Western one.

cruiseTT is not very accurate. Notice Tortola is included. I have not seen any reports that it is open again. However, STT has been accepting ships and is clearly operating. What does ncl.com say about your itinerary.

You are correct.

I would not use them as the source as they are not always up to date when cruise lines make changes and they also make mistakes.

Keith

Thats where I was seeing the new ports. I was just not sure if these were the old ports prior to them being changed or if these are new ones.

Jan 6 - Miami

Jan 7

Jan 8

Jan 9 - St. Thomas

Jan 10 - Tortola

Jan 11

Jan 12 - Nassau

Jan 13 - Miami

Hi..go to ncl.com and register. Your itinerary will be there but Im positive Tortola and St Thomas are the original ports, replaced by Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Didnt you receive a revised itinerary?

Don't count on any changes. The Cruise TT site never changed over to the NEW Western ports when they were announced. There have been no official announcements from NCL. Whatever shows on your "My NCL" page is the current itinerary. And you are correct that the list of NCL ship excursions is pitiful; my guess is with all the ships switching to Western itineraries after the hurricanes, there wasn't a lot of capacity for some of the more popular excursions in the Western ports.

Ncl doesn’t show this itinerary at all it still had Falmouth and grand cayman. I noticed Tortola and the internet seems to indicate it would open back up in nov but don’t know how much truth there is to that.

Ignore the internet. What matters is official itinerary changes sent to you from NCL.

That being said, NCL is in the process of moving some of their other itineraries back to St. Thomas, so keep your fingers crossed (if you want to go to St Thomas) and watch for that "Important Information from Norwegian Cruise Line" email message.

Ignore the internet. What matters is official itinerary changes sent to you from NCL.

That being said, NCL is in the process of moving some of their other itineraries back to St. Thomas, so keep your fingers crossed (if you want to go to St Thomas) and watch for that "Important Information from Norwegian Cruise Line" email message.

Yep i figured as much and am keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk