Shore excursions— book on board or before hand?

it is cheaper to book excursions before hand?

I am looking at the excursions and nothing is really calling to me so I don’t want to commit to anything.

Usually the same price. There are occasional sales on excursions pre-cruise. Also, if you have OBC from Royal, you can use that pre-cruise for excursions and other items.

it is cheaper to book excursions before hand?

I am looking at the excursions and nothing is really calling to me so I don’t want to commit to anything.

Do some research on independent tour operators in Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya. (click on each name; they are links)

I don't know you, but I would recommend the Cozumel Bar Hop and Native Choice in Costa Maya.

:)

If you have an excursion you really want, book it on line. Watch for sales. If the price goes down, cancel and re-book. If you use OBC pre-cruise and want to cancel your OBC is credited back to your cruise so you can re-use it.

Once on board, if you see the excursion cheaper, you should be able to get a credit. I believe you can cancel up to 24 hrs. prior to the excursion.

I've always booked online prior, however our cruise in October was when the hurricanes were happening and as we'd had 2 itinerary changes before sailing we decided to leave it and book on board.

Everything was exactly the same price as online and really easy to book on the ship.

If you have an excursion you really want, book it on line. Watch for sales. If the price goes down, cancel and re-book. If you use OBC pre-cruise and want to cancel your OBC is credited back to your cruise so you can re-use it.

Once on board, if you see the excursion cheaper, you should be able to get a credit. I believe you can cancel up to 24 hrs. prior to the excursion.

It's 48 hours now. :)