Sea Princess Power Outlets

diane.in.ny

I found a few threads about this question in the Search Forum. The Sea Princess has both the 110V and 240V outlets in cabins. You may still need to pack an adapter if you're staying in a hotel in Sydney.

That's what we're doing.

Thanks. (I did a search but couldn't turn this up.)

We'll have adapters for other electronics so no problem in Sydney. But my curling iron specifically says 110. So guess won't be using it off the ship. :)

I found a few threads about this question in the Search Forum. The Sea Princess has both the 110V and 240V outlets in cabins. You may still need to pack an adapter if you're staying in a hotel in Sydney.

That's what we're doing.

Actually the OP will need a CONVERTER - that changes the voltage. An adapter just changes the plug but does not change the voltage. Just using an adapter will ruin her device.

A converter is a transformer that either reduces or increases the voltage level. In this case one needs a transformer that reduces the voltage from 220 to 110. Just check to make sure it will safely supply the amount of current (amps) that your device requires. If it is too small to handle the amps, it will literally melt down and may catch fire.

Thanks for all the replies.

Well aware of the need for a converter if want to use my 110v device in Sydney. I think I'll either just not use it when in Sydney or maybe treat myself to one that is dual voltage :)

Either way, I know we will need adapters.

• 1 month later...

That's what we're doing.

This is a video post the refit in late October 2017. About 3/4's of the way through when you see the updated cabins over the desk you can see a choice of 3 different outlets which fits in with their website that states they have 110v and 240v. I was just happy to see the demise of the old apricot curtains!

This is a video post the refit in late October 2017. About 3/4's of the way through when you see the updated cabins over the desk you can see a choice of 3 different outlets which fits in with their website that states they have 110v and 240v. I was just happy to see the demise of the old apricot curtains!

Thank you!

Thanks. (I did a search but couldn't turn this up.)

We'll have adapters for other electronics so no problem in Sydney. But my curling iron specifically says 110. So guess won't be using it off the ship. :)

From my mom's experience in England, the converter did not work for her hair dryer or curling iron, and it ruined both items beyond repair. She bought a 220 hair dryer and I bought the 220 curling iron. I will be taking the curling iron with me when I travel to New Zealand and Australia this month. Also, the curling iron got a lot hotter than the one I normally use at home. I had to use it at a lower setting so that I didn't burn my hair.

From my mom's experience in England, the converter did not work for her hair dryer or curling iron, and it ruined both items beyond repair. She bought a 220 hair dryer and I bought the 220 curling iron. I will be taking the curling iron with me when I travel to New Zealand and Australia this month. Also, the curling iron got a lot hotter than the one I normally use at home. I had to use it at a lower setting so that I didn't burn my hair.

Hi Barbie

Yes, I"m aware that with a converter, the 110 appliances will be hotter ... or as you mentioned ... just plain ruined. So definitely will not be taking mine.

Whether I buy a 220 one remains to be seen. My daughter has a 110/220 dryer and will borrow that to see if I can get away without an iron.