Star Princess LA to Hawaii excursions info needed.

kms5555

Does anyone know the differences in the ship sponsored Pearl Harbor excursions? We are booked on the USS Arizona Memorial & Mighty Mo HNL105A. $129.95/pp. But I see that there are others now listed. Also does anyone know what tour company this particular excursion comes from? It is not listed. I asked in my roll call but no response and our roll call is really dead so far.

Others include:

Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, Punchbowl & City Tour

HNL-130| HONOLULU $64.95

Stars & Stripes - USS Arizona & Battleship Missouri

HNL-110| HONOLULU $109.95

USS Arizona Memorial & City Drive

HNL-100| HONOLULU $119.95

USS Arizona Memorial & Mighty Mo

HNL-105| HONOLULU $129.95

Call to Duty: Pearl Harbor Museums & Memorials

HNL-115| HONOLULU $249.95

Go to the Princess web site and select Plan a Cruise. Select any 15 day Hawaii cruise. Scroll down to the itinerary and look at the tours. Select the tour you want. Read the tour overview and the itinerary details. This should give you a good idea of what each tour will cover, how much time is spent on the bus, at the stops, and all the details.

Yowsa ... that is pricey. You know you can probably do it on your own for about $20 pp ... that includes transportation.

Anyhow, the Pearl Harbor Museum is very interesting. It is not the same as the USS Arizona Memorial, though, which requires hopping on a small ferry to get over there as I recall.

Mighty Mo ... so interesting and it wasn't crowded at all last time I went over.

You can pretty much get a city tour doing the public bus but that's just my opinion. I guess the tour would point out spots of interest. The Punchbowl was just a big flea market last time we were there ... and we walked from Pearl Harbor when we went. If I only had one day there, I would go to the Pearl Harbor Visitor's Center (they start you off with a short film that explains the reason why it was such a deadly attack), visit the museum there and then Mighty Mo.

Just of note, I think it probably still applies, no bags, backpacks or large purses are allowed over at Pearl Harbor. They do have lockers there for your stuff.

IMHO, this is a cash grab by Princess. Reserve a small rental car and do this on your own.

World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, aka Pearl Harbor, is free to visit as is the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial. You will however need a free tender ticket reservation . https://www.recreation.gov/showPage.do?name=landing&landing=/htm/pearlharbor/home.jsp&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369 Those can be made here. This is not really a visit that needs a tour guide. You will also receive a narration wand to hear stories and descriptions of what you are seeing. They are available in different languages. After returning from the Arizona, board a bus to take you to Ford Island to visit the U.S.S. Missouri. Nearby, walking distance, is the Aviation Museum of the Pacific. It has some excellent static displays and a large gift shop. Also there is a hanger where restoration of aircraft is taking place. Outside, three years ago, a B-17 was awaiting tlc. The concrete tarmac still shows bullet chips from strafing by the Japanese. Also, you can tour the inside and outside of the U.S.S. Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park. Don't forget to duck you head inside the Bowfin!

All of this for $72 per adult plus the car rental and you can spend as much time there as you like without an excursion's schedule.

I was there all day and didn't see everything.

Does anyone know the differences in the ship sponsored Pearl Harbor excursions? We are booked on the USS Arizona Memorial & Mighty Mo HNL105A. $129.95/pp. But I see that there are others now listed. Also does anyone know what tour company this particular excursion comes from? It is not listed. I asked in my roll call but no response and our roll call is really dead so far.

Princess uses different tour companies and does not give out the names even when you are on the tour. Furthermore those companies are not allowed to reveal if they are giving Princess tours nor allowed to book pax on those tours.

On our first Hawaii cruise we took "Da Bus" to the Arizona. http://www.thebus.org/Fare/Adultfare.asp?y=2018

We got our tickets online for the ride over to the memorial (someone posted the link above, there's a small charge -$1.00?- for the service) or you can just walk up and get a ticket for free (however, you risk that there might not be any tickets).

The bus cost $1.00 each, if you have a Medicare card. http://www.thebus.org/Fare/USMedicareFare.asp?l=eng

Our total cost was $6.00. We weren't interested in seeing Mighty Mo.

We've gone all over Honolulu and a little beyond for very little money and met some really friendly and helpful bus drivers and passengers.