Booked Enchantment

carmenOH

for a four day cruise last May for the wife and I and we really enjoyed the ship and itinerary. Thinking about taking our two girls (22 and graduating and 20) on this ship the first week of March on their college spring break. I noticed the Norwegian Sky was leaving on the same day and was curious if anyone has been on this ship and how it compares. How do the pools compare, the entertainment, food,. . .? I know the Sky has drinks included but the girls are not huge partiers but they do love the entertainment. The wife and I always get the drink package:p They have been on 3 or 4 cruises with us all on RC.

Thanks.

for a four day cruise last May for the wife and I and we really enjoyed the ship and itinerary. Thinking about taking our two girls (22 and graduating and 20) on this ship the first week of March on their college spring break. I noticed the Norwegian Sky was leaving on the same day and was curious if anyone has been on this ship and how it compares. How do the pools compare, the entertainment, food,. . .? I know the Sky has drinks included but the girls are not huge partiers but they do love the entertainment. The wife and I always get the drink package:p They have been on 3 or 4 cruises with us all on RC.

Thanks.

All I will say is this - my husband says the Norwegian Sky should be painted grey and sent to a military site with soldiers. We hated that ship so much!! Drinks were watered down, pool area was the worst we have seen in 98 cruises, food was awful, just the entire experience was terrible.

Now, Enchantment, although an older ship, we love it, love the staff, layout, etc. I would take Enchantment 1000% over Sky. Not even a comparison, IMO.

All I will say is this - my husband says the Norwegian Sky should be painted grey and sent to a military site with soldiers. We hated that ship so much!! Drinks were watered down, pool area was the worst we have seen in 98 cruises, food was awful, just the entire experience was terrible.

Now, Enchantment, although an older ship, we love it, love the staff, layout, etc. I would take Enchantment 1000% over Sky. Not even a comparison, IMO.

Not sure what this means but I get the fact that you did not enjoy your time on the Sky.

I have been on both. I was on Enchantment two weeks ago and I will be on Sky again next week. I think the Solarium area on Enchantment is excellent. The main pool deck large and attractive. The Sky's main pool deck area is nice, but I think Enchantments was just "that much" nicer. Entertainment I think they are about equal, similar type shows in the theater (a production music/singing type show, usually a fly in headliner), NCL had better secondary shows, IMO, but Enchantment makes use of its larger and nicer atrium area for some secondary shows.

I think NCL food is much better in both quality and availability. Rooms largely similar between the two if talking interior/oceanview/balcony type. No idea about suites on either. I liked the outdoor dining area and 24 hour sports bar on the Sky. Outrigger lounge is a great venue on the Sky, but I think Viking Crown on Enchantment is every bit as nice (though smaller).

GSC was superior to Coco Cay my last few visits and GSC has also just been updated with a new buffet, new free Taco bar, and some other amenities. Royal is in the process of upgraded Coco Cay next door but I think NCL's stop is a little bit better.

I've even been known to enjoy the 4 day sailings on the Carnival Victory, (Key West and Cozumel instead of Bahamas) and think that ship has the best dining room food of the three and far and away the best rooms. Just to throw that wrench in there. If the included open bar is not important on the Sky I wouldn't pay a premium for that ship, but I'd pay equal money for any of the three ships pretty much.

My last trip on the Enchantment was disappointing, but the ship is in dry dock now so the crew can't use "dry dock" as a constant excuse for shortcomings. I know the product Royal normally delivers and the last cruise was seriously sub-par; if it had been my first it would have been my last with Royal. So it's possible to have a great, or terrible, cruise on any given ship any week.

Let's see how the Sky is looking in a few days.

I have been on both. I was on Enchantment two weeks ago and I will be on Sky again next week. I think the Solarium area on Enchantment is excellent. The main pool deck large and attractive. The Sky's main pool deck area is nice, but I think Enchantments was just "that much" nicer. Entertainment I think they are about equal, similar type shows in the theater (a production music/singing type show, usually a fly in headliner), NCL had better secondary shows, IMO, but Enchantment makes use of its larger and nicer atrium area for some secondary shows.

I think NCL food is much better in both quality and availability. Rooms largely similar between the two if talking interior/oceanview/balcony type. No idea about suites on either. I liked the outdoor dining area and 24 hour sports bar on the Sky. Outrigger lounge is a great venue on the Sky, but I think Viking Crown on Enchantment is every bit as nice (though smaller).

GSC was superior to Coco Cay my last few visits and GSC has also just been updated with a new buffet, new free Taco bar, and some other amenities. Royal is in the process of upgraded Coco Cay next door but I think NCL's stop is a little bit better.

I've even been known to enjoy the 4 day sailings on the Carnival Victory, (Key West and Cozumel instead of Bahamas) and think that ship has the best dining room food of the three and far and away the best rooms. Just to throw that wrench in there. If the included open bar is not important on the Sky I wouldn't pay a premium for that ship, but I'd pay equal money for any of the three ships pretty much.

My last trip on the Enchantment was disappointing, but the ship is in dry dock now so the crew can't use "dry dock" as a constant excuse for shortcomings. I know the product Royal normally delivers and the last cruise was seriously sub-par; if it had been my first it would have been my last with Royal. So it's possible to have a great, or terrible, cruise on any given ship any week.

Let's see how the Sky is looking in a few days.

Good info. Thank you.

Why would you paint a ship grey and fill it with soldiers. I spent 4 years in the Navy, if a ship is going anywhere it would be the Navy.

I have been on both ships & enjoyed myself equally on both. It is hard to water down beer.

Thanks.

To CarmenOH, I say, IO! ;) Our daughter wasn't impressed with NCL sky either, part of it probably was she found out she was pregnant right before the cruise, so she didn't test the watered down drinks. We look forward to trying Enchantment this fall.

Why would you paint a ship grey and fill it with soldiers. I spent 4 years in the Navy, if a ship is going anywhere it would be the Navy.

I have been on both ships & enjoyed myself equally on both. It is hard to water down beer.

A ship full of soldiers .. sounds kinda fun to me ! ;p