What would you do?

Mynki

The OP (in her infamous post 19) states the yet-to-be named article of clothing remains LOST. If it was not in the lost and found at Guest Relations and not in the cabin - it is GONE. Chances are that it was left on a chair back, dropped while walking, or something like that.

The OP lost ALL sympathy from me when she informed Guest Relations that she would not pay any gratuities if they did not make this the ship's #1 priority. I would hope the entire crew was made aware of this priggish behavior and she would get the appropriate service that no gratuities deserve.

Many, judging by the comments, fail to understand why you threatened to pull the gratuities/hotel charges until you received a satisfactory amount of OBC just because you were not happy with guest services, regardless of whether your article of clothing may have been “stolen” or removed by accident. Pulling the gratuities takes away from other staff who have nothing to do with guest relations. Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Threatened? I didn't threaten at all. :D

Threatened? I didn't threaten at all. :D

You didn't? OK then your choice of dialogue in your conversation with GR indicating that they could hold on to the OBC for which you would perhaps withhold your gratuities in exchange - which would result in less compensation for innocent crew members who, along with the stateroom attendant who you state you feel did not knowingly take the valued item, include dining wait staff - resulting in a second higher, and apparently satisfactory offer, of OBC from the Concierge, was nothing more than a simple and polite negotiation.

Yeah, on reflection I guess your right, it isn't really threatening. More like extortion! ;) But I am happy that you are satisfied with the outcome now and you and the crew can enjoy each other's company on your second leg. :rolleyes:

It won't have been stolen.

That was never suggested. I've left phones, laptops, wallets and a Breitling watch on the side before and never had issues with theft. Though I should have used the safe I know! But I guess this is cruise critic...

The issue lies with guest relations management and their lack of competence In this instance. The item isn't really relevant in terms of my question.

Room torn apart by us and then by the cabin steward and his supervisor.

Now resolved to my satisfaction but was interested in what seasoned celebrity cruisers would have done when struggling with guest relations.

The item which entered and never left the cabin remains lost.

Was post 19 really that difficult for you to understand? Wow.

DW would have said, real or imagined, it was my fault;

maybe left it somewhere else.

Move on.

On our recent Eclipse Caribbean cruise we received a pair of ladies white capri pants in our laundry (not mine) but were missing a pair of my underwear. Our cabin steward took the said capris and a description of my missing underwear, she returned an hour later with the item.

I call this wonderful service for a small item being returned, this is just my experience.

Liz.

Check around the safe and life jackets. Is it possible got rolled up with the luggage drop cloth on the bed the first day? (under the bed or in the far top of clothes closet. When you disembark really check under the “lining “ of the safe— I have found money, credit card (black American Express!) and mini photo memory cards. All important things. I once found a missing floppy sunhat behind the curtain and in the corner

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But I am happy that you are satisfied with the outcome

Many thanks. I appreciate that. :)

now and you and the crew can enjoy each other's company on your second leg. :rolleyes:

Sadly not. Although I'll miss the excellent service provided by the wait staff, we've moved to Blu for this leg. :)