What would you do?

Mynki

Good luck. I rolled my bright orange swim shirt up in a pool towel, forgot about it, and then returned the towel. Completely my fault. I asked guest relations if it showed up in the laundry or lost and found. They really could not have been less interested. It was my fault, but still frustrating.

I was thinking about Lost and Found on a ship...it's not like a hotel where they might be willing to keep stuff 30 days - at the end of the week or 10 days it's going to be all new people, I wonder if they just chuck everything at the end of a cruise.

And I'm still not sure what Guest Relations did that was bad, or what you would expect them to do. If you'd be so kind as to fill us in on that, it will help all of us for our own future reference.

Here's my experience with GR on Norwegian Sky.

I took a private tour in Havana, Cuba. The guide helped me shop at the flea market because the tour ended 1+ hours early. He offered to hold the Tshirts I bought in his backpack.

He walked me to the cruise terminal. We said bye and AS SOON as I was upstairs, heading towards customs, I remembered the shirts. I tried calling the tour company, my cell didn't work. So I wrote it off. ALL my fault. Meanwhile, guide came back to terminal and FINALLY got an NCL employee to get the bag of Tshirts and put my name on it. I have NO idea how long it took Yasser (the guide) to get through to the NCL employee and how long he had to wait for that person to get downstairs at the terminal. Nothing less than stellar service on Yasser's part.

NCL employee put the bag into L & F and put a letter on my door and I got my tshirts back!!! It was such a surprise and relief. I sent Yasser a gift after I got home to thank him.

On our last four cruises I have always managed to misplaced something very dear to DW.

But the crew always are able to find dear MiL.:mad:

Anyone have any experience with MiL and New York Mafia concrete boots?

Any help gratefully appreciated.:halo:

An item of clothing of significant value disappears from your cabin on your second day of travel. You know it was onboard because the photo taken when boarding the ship shows you wearing it.

Your stateroom attendant is not interested. Guest relations say they'll have laundry and housekeeping look for it, but don't find it, tell you that their manager is looking into it before you discover that procedure has not been followed and you have to chase them again. Eventually they make an offer of OBC equivalent to a small fraction of its value.

What would you do, if anything?

Move on

- Joel

This is on Summit, correct? You boarded on Dec 2 (when we got off). I would have brought the photo showing the item was worn onboard and met with the hotel manager, which I think you did.

If the item of clothing was not found, all they can really do is offer you some OBC. There is no proof anyone took the item or even that it was not taken off the ship and left by accident.

I would also file a claim with my travel insurance when I got home, requesting the difference from what we received in OBC and the replacement cost. You might need something in writing that you notified the ship that the item was missing. Also, when and where was the last place that you saw this item (such as the morning after a chic night and was it on a hanger in the closet)?

How much OBC did you get? What did you think they should have done?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Jade13

Vwhy, in the initial post, did you say that the cabin steward wasnt interested? It seems that he helped in the search?

Simple. He showed no initial interest and was then told to by Gr

Told gr they can the item if they find it along with their silly offer of compensation and I'd just cancel my grata. They didn't care about that either.

I did then have concierge contact me with a surprising revised offer of compensation. But more pleasingly than that perhaps was the fact that she showed customer service skills that guest relations should have done.

Anyway dealt with now.

I was thinking about Lost and Found on a ship...it's not like a hotel where they might be willing to keep stuff 30 days - at the end of the week or 10 days it's going to be all new people, I wonder if they just chuck everything at the end of a cruise.

And I'm still not sure what Guest Relations did that was bad, or what you would expect them to do. If you'd be so kind as to fill us in on that, it will help all of us for our own future reference.

I know from experience, after DW managed to leave her mobile on the Connie after disembarking, all lost property is held in a locked box and then at some point the box is shipped to the offices in Miami.

DW's mobile was located in said box and couriered back to us at our expense. However this is not the quickest process as it took over a month to get back. We had to wait for box to arrive in Miami and then wait for confirmation that her mobile was actually in it.

Simple. He showed no initial interest and was then told to by Gr

Told gr they can the item if they find it along with their silly offer of compensation and I'd just cancel my grata. They didn't care about that either.

I did then have concierge contact me with a surprising revised offer of compensation. But more pleasingly than that perhaps was the fact that she showed customer service skills that guest relations should have done.

Anyway dealt with now.

Wow, you threatened to cancel gratitudes for all the staff because you thought one may have stolen an item of yours?

Of course they offered you something more after you threatened to pull their gratuities.

Wow, you threatened to cancel gratitudes for all the staff because you thought one may have stolen an item of yours?

Of course they offered you something more after you threatened to pull their gratuities.

Stolen?

It amazes me how people struggle to understand simple posts written in English on these boards. :D

Stolen?

It amazes me how people struggle to understand simple posts written in English on these boards. :D

If you don’t think it was taken by a Celebrity employee, than why do you feel that Celebrity should pay you for it (with OBC)?

You stated that they gave you OBC (and increased the amount), only after you threatened to pull the gratuities/service charge.

If you don’t think it was taken by a Celebrity employee, than why do you feel that Celebrity should pay you for it (with OBC)?

You stated that they gave you OBC (and increased the amount), only after you threatened to pull the gratuities/service charge.

Was post 19 really that difficult for you to understand? Wow.

So we're beyond concern for the item. We've directed our dismay towards customer service. Did I translate correctly? I would love to have been a fly on the wall during the interaction with the ship's employees.

I would like to simply know what "item of clothing" could have caused so much trouble. :confused:

I agree - what's the big secret? And it's a man's article of clothing, right? since I believe you are the husband writing and you imply it was you who was wearing it at boarding?

Many of us board in shorts and t-shirts, so it makes it even more intriguing.

Was post 19 really that difficult for you to understand? Wow.

Many, judging by the comments, fail to understand why you threatened to pull the gratuities/hotel charges until you received a satisfactory amount of OBC just because you were not happy with guest services, regardless of whether your article of clothing may have been “stolen” or removed by accident. Pulling the gratuities takes away from other staff who have nothing to do with guest relations. Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Suspect it was removed with the linen by accident. Only sensible option. If I thought for one nano second I'd have misplaced it I wouldn't have started this thread!

GR were useless. Genuinely disappointed with their management. Even their colleague who resolved things was shocked with them.

I’m sorry, but if you are at a point where you “suspect” something has happened, you are not on solid ground to place responsibility on anyone until there is some form of proof.

If you are genuinely interested in our comments, I would suggest your written comments on how Celebrity staff reacted to your issue are unfair given the facts, and you are premature in posting your negative comments. I would have no problem in you posting these comments if the “facts” supported your case, but I don’t see proof positive.

It can be frustrating when we can’t put pieces of the puzzle together, but placing unfair blame is not the answer.

Randy