Silly "newbie" question

WorkinMoM

Hello

Im sailing on the Mariner with my daughter on Jan 02nd. It's a special "6 night" sailing. I've printed off copies of the 7 day dining room menu. Me and my daugther want to make sure we are in the dining room for the best nights (lobster, beef tenderloin, prime rib), but we also want to visit some other places to eat. Does anyone know what nights are the best "dining room" nights on the 6 night cruises? Any suggestions on what nights to eat elsewhere?

Thanks

I'm not quite sure of the menu change for a 6 night cruise, but I bet if you were to go to the dining room when you arrived on the ship they could show you the menu for the week and you could make your decision that way. Also make sure to book the specialty restaurants right after you make your decision as they tend to book up quickly. Have a great cruise!

Hello

Im sailing on the Mariner with my daughter on Jan 02nd. It's a special "6 night" sailing. I've printed off copies of the 7 day dining room menu. Me and my daugther want to make sure we are in the dining room for the best nights (lobster, beef tenderloin, prime rib), but we also want to visit some other places to eat. Does anyone know what nights are the best "dining room" nights on the 6 night cruises? Any suggestions on what nights to eat elsewhere?

Thanks

The best dinners are formal nights. Usually the second night (first full day on the ship) is a formal night.

Our waiter always indicated it was time to leave when he got the tables' attention and told us what was on the menu for the next evening, including his recommendations. If you ever sail on Vision try and get Sunil from India as your waiter. He was fabulous and his recommendations were always great choices for us.

We almost always choose the first night to dine in one of the specialty restaurants as there is never a choice selection on the first night(except for key lime pie sometimes:D)....and we always go to the dining room first to meet our tablemates and waiters and explain our absence.

Hello

HelloIm sailing on the Mariner with my daughter on Jan 02nd. It's a special "6 night" sailing. I've printed off copies of the 7 day dining room menu. Any suggestions on what nights to eat elsewhere?Thanks

Check to see if they are having Caribbean Night in the Dining Room. This is the weakest night of the week in the dining room and would be a great time to try one of the alternatives. If not, do not miss the formal night(s) they are a lot of fun and great menu choices.

I wish they would do away with Caribbean night (or change the menu and improve it!). We don't like it AT ALL, and I don't know anyone who does. In fact, it seems like any time someone asks which night to go to Chops/Portofinos, the response is a universal: go on Caribbean night. (We do.)

beachchick

Thanks guys

I found the 7 night menus on cruiseclues.com. Highlight Mariner of the seas and you'll find dozens of reviews and pictures of menus. Some folks even posted copies of those daily Compass ship newsletters. These message boards are very helpful for us "newbies".

:)

Just a note we love caribbean night in the dining room! It seems lots of other people do to, the dining room has always been full on those nights. We like spicy and that is the only night soices seem to be used lots! JMHO!!

1 Vote for - 1000 + votes against - Oh well!

Archived