Weird Embarkation Question

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

We will be embarking the Seaview in Barcelona in July. We have done previous cruises where there was more than one embarkation port, and once you got onboard, you were allowed to disembark again as if it were a regular stop, until it was time to be back on shore. Will we be able to board the Seaview, and then disembark the Seaview for a few more hours in Barcelona? Or once we're on, should we stay on? I believe we depart Barcelona at 6PM. Thank you!

Will we be able to board the Seaview, and then disembark the Seaview for a few more hours in Barcelona?

Sure, but you really want to do this? At least you should have Priority Boarding otherwise I think after the long waiting time at the terminal your mood to leave the ship again will be zero.

Yes you can certainly come and check in, leave your bags etc and leave the ship or don´t go in at all and just go back to Barcelona. Just be careful with the time. Don´t know if you´ve been to BCN before, taxis are a bit expensive. There is a free shuttle to the cruise ships but they are usually full.

Yes you can certainly come and check in, leave your bags etc and leave the ship or don´t go in at all and just go back to Barcelona. Just be careful with the time. Don´t know if you´ve been to BCN before, taxis are a bit expensive. There is a free shuttle to the cruise ships but they are usually full.

What do you mean about "a free shuttle to cruise ships?" From where to the cruise ships?

Yes, could you please elaborate on this? We have a few days pre-cruise planned and it would be great if we could pick up a shuttle near our hotel.

Yes, could you please elaborate on this? We have a few days pre-cruise planned and it would be great if we could pick up a shuttle near our hotel.

Unless you are staying right in La Rambla or a couple of blocks away the shuttle will not be exactly near you. Me and my partner would just take the subway from wherever we were staying to La rambla and then take a cab that was jus fot 5 minutes, saves you a lot of money. Been there twice and that´s how we did it both times. Did not know the shuttle was no longer free, its been a couple of years since I went last time. But public transportation specially the subway are very easy to navigate even with luggage. Same to go to the city from the airport.

Unless you are staying right in La Rambla or a couple of blocks away the shuttle will not be exactly near you. Me and my partner would just take the subway from wherever we were staying to La rambla and then take a cab that was jus fot 5 minutes, saves you a lot of money. Been there twice and that´s how we did it both times. Did not know the shuttle was no longer free, its been a couple of years since I went last time. But public transportation specially the subway are very easy to navigate even with luggage. Same to go to the city from the airport.

Thank you for this. I am traveling with my grandmother and she had accumulated enough points over the years to put us at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, which is right by the water. I will have to get a subway map and familiarize myself with it, but hopefully, things work out for us. Thank you for your help!

Thank you for this. I am traveling with my grandmother and she had accumulated enough points over the years to put us at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, which is right by the water. I will have to get a subway map and familiarize myself with it, but hopefully, things work out for us. Thank you for your help!

OOT: Your nearest metro(to Hotel Diagonal Mar) is El Maresme(couple hundred yards) which will take you direct to Barceloneta(on the L4) which is a few hundred yards walk to the Columbus monument where you can get the blue shuttle(€3) to terminal. This route involves dragging luggage and your gran down into subway and up again. Far handier to order a taxi and take it straight to the terminal, estimate about €20 or so. Best of luck, Ken.