Star Dec 1 – 14 Trip Report with some pics

Oakman58

Thank you Oakman58 for an amazing report! We are on the Star for the February 16 sailing, we hadn't planned on an excursion in Los Cabos but your pictures and story of the whale watching trip inspired me, booked today. Happy days for all your travels in the future!

TJ

Thank you Oakman58 for an amazing report! We are on the Star for the February 16 sailing, we hadn't planned on an excursion in Los Cabos but your pictures and story of the whale watching trip inspired me, booked today. Happy days for all your travels in the future!

TJ

Thank you for your kind comments about my trip report. I hope you have great luck on your whale watching excursion. My photos don’t do justice to the experience of the breaching whales.

Thank you for your kind comments about my trip report. I hope you have great luck on your whale watching excursion. My photos don’t do justice to the experience of the breaching whales.

I'm very excited, we were on B2B Alaska cruise in August and saw several whales but not like that!

I thought of a couple of mundane questions. Is the refrigerator in the room a mini bar? If so, will the steward empty it? Plus what kind of coffee is the coffee maker? I.e., pod, loose, etc? We are in cabin 10638, just 18 forward of your cabin!

Thanks for any info,

TJ

I'm very excited, we were on B2B Alaska cruise in August and saw several whales but not like that!

I thought of a couple of mundane questions. Is the refrigerator in the room a mini bar? If so, will the steward empty it? Plus what kind of coffee is the coffee maker? I.e., pod, loose, etc? We are in cabin 10638, just 18 forward of your cabin!

Thanks for any info,

TJ

The coffee maker was a one cup machine and it used one of those pod filters with the coffee grounds inside.

11r7l0h.jpg

There was a fridge in the room and when we first boarded it was empty. The room steward didn’t fill it until that evening after we had left port. I'm sure if you asked your room steward he would leave it empty for you.

30dlau1.jpg

Yes, it was a great cruise for us. The crew was great, the food was good, the weather cooperated as much as could be expected, and most of the excursions were very good. Not everything was perfect but on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being perfect this was an 8.5 or 9.

did you notice, which shuttle busses going to the airport were waiting outside of the port??

did you notice, which shuttle busses going to the airport were waiting outside of the port??

Our shuttle buses were waiting right outside the exit of the terminal building within the port itself. Those who were taking other means of transportation were directed to a different exit.