Gifts by celebrity - Friends purchased some OBC for my Christmas gift.

UmaDaughterOfUrsula

So some friends said they purchased OBC for me through "gifts by Celebrity" for Christmas.

They got an email confirmation of the purchase but nothing shows up on my guest planner - Is this normal? As it's a gift purchased by someone else not by me or parents (they are paying for cruise) or given free from TA or Celebrity I'd assume yes but curious?

The email says a certificate will be delivered to my cabin - to use their gifted OBC do I have to bring the certificate with me when I want to use it?

O B C is just a a general credit on your account. No need to show it to anyone unless for some reason you don’t see it on your SeaPass account once you are on board. It often takes a couple of days for these miscellaneous credits to be registered into your SeaPass account. If on the third day of your cruise you dont see it (check your tv to see your account) then take the certificate to Guest Relations.

Shipboard credit bought as a gift to others or even for yourself, does not show up on your guest planner. We have bought it for ourselves on several occasions, because we got a better exchange rate than if we had used our credit card, or cash to settle our bill. (We are in the U.K.)

You should receive an envelope in your cabin, with a gift card inside. It will detail the gift and how much. Check your account on your TV in the cabin. It should show up on there. If not a trip to Guest Services will sort it all out.

Enjoy your gift and cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums