Milkshakes and non alcoholic drinks for kids

sweets2323

Based on my experience and apparently another poster on this thread, I would simply order your child's milkshakes or frozen drinks from a bartender who knows you have cheers. Be prepared to pay for it, and I would say maybe half the time the bartender will give it to you on your cheers instead. That way you haven't broken any rules. I really don't think they're too concerned about sharing a milkshake here or there with a child, it's more alcoholic drinks they're concerned about. And if you don't intentionally try to abuse it it you should be fine.

Based on my experience and apparently another poster on this thread, I would simply order your child's milkshakes or frozen drinks from a bartender who knows you have cheers. Be prepared to pay for it, and I would say maybe half the time the bartender will give it to you on your cheers instead. That way you haven't broken any rules. I really don't think they're too concerned about sharing a milkshake here or there with a child, it's more alcoholic drinks they're concerned about. And if you don't intentionally try to abuse it it you should be fine.

The bartenders that do that, in my opinion are just after a larger tip, apparently receive that tip very often, and then are shorting Carnival. I take issue with that.

The bartenders that do that, in my opinion are just after a larger tip, apparently receive that tip very often, and then are shorting Carnival. I take issue with that.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the "issue" is really between Carnival and their employee. If Carnival really had an issue with this they could certainly do more to prevent it.

Do carnival hire people to watch whose giving a drink to their kid. I’m picturing myself getting a frozen drink and walking to the pool area and as I hand over the drink to my daughter, someone is tapping me on my shoulder. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL Friday night I saw a server bring a Miami Vice to a lady. She signed for it and then passed it to her about 8 year old son! It didn’t appear to be “virgin”, looked just like any MV. I’m sure my mouth dropped open for a second.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Now THAT is truly an EXCELLENT answer!

My children are all grown, but I have never received a speeding ticket, nor ever ran any stop sign. I always tried to do my best to set a good example. No one is perfect, though I certainly wouldn't blatantly break a rule to save a few bucks in front of any of my children.

Yeah, and make sure you don't run any stop signs, break any speed limits, etc., for the rest of your life.

I love the people who want to justify rule breaking by asking people if they break other rules... :') . You can always be assured someone will post this... :')

such flawed logic...

My children are all grown, but I have never received a speeding ticket, nor ever ran any stop sign. I always tried to do my best to set a good example. No one is perfect, though I certainly wouldn't blatantly break a rule to save a few bucks in front of any of my children.

"Not received a speeding ticket" doesn't mean never broke the speed limit.

And you ALWAYS came to a full stop at every stop sign? You must be the only person on earth whoever hasn't done that. How about using a cell phone while driving? Never did that either?

"Not received a speeding ticket" doesn't mean never broke the speed limit.

And you ALWAYS came to a full stop at every stop sign? You must be the only person on earth whoever hasn't done that. How about using a cell phone while driving? Never did that either?

I love the people who want to justify rule breaking by asking people if they break other rules... :') . You can always be assured someone will post this... :')

such flawed logic...

I know, right, and they are at it again picking apart what I've said. Yes, I come to a complete stop, I haven't gotten a speeding ticket, (try as often as I can to use cruise control) and I have a hands free mobile device which I don't even use in a school zone so as I said, I do my best to follow rules as much as humanly possible, and most certainly where my children were involved.

I know, right, and they are at it again picking apart what I've said. Yes, I come to a complete stop, I haven't gotten a speeding ticket, (try as often as I can to use cruise control) and I have a hands free mobile device which I don't even use in a school zone so as I said, I do my best to follow rules as much as humanly possible, and most certainly where my children were involved.

you mean you dont feel entitled to break the rules, run to a forum and brag about it and tell people all about how you can get away with it and you dont care? Why ..... you must not be normal... :eek:

its a forum.... if people want to talk about how entitled they feel... I can talk about how entitled they think they are.

Well I agree with the logic not to do dishonest or illegal things in front of your children I doubt most seven-year-olds pay close attention and know whether Cheers was used or not.

For the milkshakes simple to do what was already suggested just make your own for free.

I really wish there was a drink package for teens that included fruit juice, coffee , sports drinks, bottled water, nonalcoholic smoothies, milkshakes, etc. Basically, no alcohol. We have been RC in the past and I feel there were more drinks package options. We love Carnival but wish there were more drink package options.:D Just my two cents.

LOL Friday night I saw a server bring a Miami Vice to a lady. She signed for it and then passed it to her about 8 year old son! It didn’t appear to be “virgin”, looked just like any MV. I’m sure my mouth dropped open for a second.

What differences are they're visually speaking ?

I was at Kroger today and bought some milk. They charge waaaaay too much for milk. The prices are super inflated.... so I took a small carton for my kid to drink in the store... they meant for me to do that; if they didn’t charge so much for a gallon milk I would have paid for the carton too....

The logic is silly when applied to anything else. When you pay for all YOU can drink it’s just that. They aren’t secretly including all your kid can drink too

You know how many times I have given my card to my husband to grab me a drink at a bar and they have just given it to him with the package. I know that everyone on this forum has done something "outside" the rules. I find it ridiculous that they have nothing out there for kids that like to have the non-alcoholic "fancy" drinks[emoji484]. I for one don't drink or drink soda but I do love to have one or 2 non-alcoholic drinks a day on the cruise. And yes I have been on RCCL and NCL and they BOTH have a package for that. And NO not everyone in the cabin has to but it.

You know how many times I have given my card to my husband to grab me a drink at a bar and they have just given it to him with the package. I know that everyone on this forum has done something "outside" the rules. I find it ridiculous that they have nothing out there for kids that like to have the non-alcoholic "fancy" drinks[emoji484]. I for one don't drink or drink soda but I do love to have one or 2 non-alcoholic drinks a day on the cruise. And yes I have been on RCCL and NCL and they BOTH have a package for that. And NO not everyone in the cabin has to but it.

They absolutely do have something out there for kids. They don't stop you from walking up to the bar, or even them for that matter and ordering a milkshake, virgin drink, soda, etc. What would be ridiculous is if they were to say the only way you can have something was to purchase a package. As far as RCCL, actually yes, they have switched, and will have switched on all ships, to all adults in a cabin having to buy a package if one wants it.

I didn't say that I couldn't. I am just making a statement that there should be something out there for people who DON'T drink beside sticking with the soda package.

I think if they had something out there like you describe it would price many people out of it. I'm fairly confident that one of the reasons they switched to an enhanced Cheers program was to satisfy people that were wanting something that included more than just soda.

Not everyone is a drinker and to top it off for me to buy a alcoholic package to only drink no -alcoholic drinks while my husband drinks water 99% of the time has to buy a alcoholic package too.

The best thing to royal Caribbean everything must put the soda machines on the ships. I can almost guarantee you that there are more parents out there that don't allow their kids to drink soda then there is parents then allow their kids to drink soda

Not everyone is a drinker and to top it off for me to buy a alcoholic package to only drink no -alcoholic drinks while my husband drinks water 99% of the time has to buy a alcoholic package too.

I'm honestly not trying to argue with you. I just think that if they made a package like what you want it would be more money than many people would want to spend and they would just bitch about it. I'm not a drinker at all, and although my husband does drink beer and bloody Mary's it makes no sense for us to buy Cheers so we just buy a drink when we want and have never felt like Carnival owed us a different package. (Which honestly, it seems like many people think should happen) I would be speaking differently though if they said the only way we could buy a beer or bloody Mary would be if we had Cheers. Then there'd be tons of uproar.

Oh my lol. I was referring to a Virgin drink. For her sake I hope it was a Virgin drink as well.