Loved the Seaside

parallax

• 4 weeks later...

5. Don't know what A quest is.

It's a late night game show. Pretty sure it's exclusive to RCL.

NCL has it too.

Interesting, so they didn't steal it from Royal (or exclusively from them).

In any event, they did it at 9pm on Seaside, so not late night and it was extremely lame (or tame, if you prefer). They ran it as a PG rated version and part of the fun on it on Royal is that it's adult and starts much later (I forget the exact time, I'm thinking 11pm or so). Another problem was that it was in a relatively small room (Haven), but they don't really have a large enough lounge on Seaside. Then they split the room into way too many different groups, by tables, so there wasn't a large team like you have on Royal. And much of the room didn't even participate, they just sat there (I know the people whose table we managed to get seats at did), which isn't a problem if you have 30 people on a team but is if you have much of the room just sitting there (I am not sure if this was because of the many different languages spoken on the ship). The Cruise Director (Andre) didn't even run it himself, one of his underlings did (a guy, not one of the women who were his assistants). I spoke to the guy afterwards and told him I thought it was lame. He told me they kept it PG because kids were walking thru and because it was early. Not a good excuse. Oh, and they held it on the rare night when the show was longer than 30 minutes, so anyone at the 8:15pm show got there late.

I'll give a single example that shows the problem with Quest on Seaside. When they asked for something fake, a woman showed a tooth. Usually a woman will lift up her shirt. Like I said, lame.

On the bright side, I finally got my wife to attend. She's usually asleep by the time Royal has theirs. Of course she didn't get to see what makes it worth going to (and not just the shirt thing).

You thought it was lame because there wasn't a woman lifting her shirt? Seriously?

Wow.

There was nothing adult or risqué about it. It's supposed to be a late night adult scavenger hunt. It wasn't worthy of being called The Quest.

Here's a better analogy. It was what I would expect if it were being held on Holland America.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

There was nothing adult or risqué about it. It's supposed to be a late night adult scavenger hunt. It wasn't worthy of being called The Quest.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I see.

In a couple of weeks I'll go on my first RCI cruise, and then in the summer on the MSC Seaside... so, I will be able to compare.

Perhaps I interpreted your comment incorrectly.

A few people also c/o the "tameness" of the improv comedy, as well. It appears that MSC is trying not to bother the minors. My question would be: Why have an activity or a show for adults only (supposedly) and then be influenced by kids running around. At that point it's the parents' responsibility, isn't it? Yes, I have a child lol. He'll do what he wants... but I'm not a very restrictive parent and my son got a picture book on how babies are really made when he was 7. So, other parents have different opinions :D

I see.

In a couple of weeks I'll go on my first RCI cruise, and then in the summer on the MSC Seaside... so, I will be able to compare.

Perhaps I interpreted your comment incorrectly.

A few people also c/o the "tameness" of the improv comedy, as well. :D

Yes, be sure to go to Quest on both ships so you can compare.

I added this line to my previous post which I think you missed -- "Here's a better analogy. It was what I would expect if it were being held on Holland America."

As for the improv, I went one night when it was advertised as "R-rated" and I wasn't particularly impressed (and I usually like comedy acts). But I spoke to a couple of Canadians on board who thought it was really funny. The comedy troupe was also from Canada. Maybe it's a Canada thing.

PS did you understand connection between the "show me something fake" challenge and the woman lifting her shirt or should I just say pointing at her chest? That, as opposed to the fake tooth best showed (to me, at least) the difference between the tame Quest vs. the real thing.

PS did you understand connection between the "show me something fake" challenge and the woman lifting her shirt or should I just say pointing at her chest?

:D Yessir. I am an adult. I am also a nurse. I know exactly which parts of the body and mind can be fake. ;)

Glad you enjoyed the Seaside and it's nice to read one of the more positive reviews so far before our cruise. On another note, I'm glad they shove hand sanitizer in peoples' faces. So many people don't wash or sanitize their hands at all even after using the bathroom or anything else. These people then make their way to the buffet to spread their germs ......

However the alcohol sanitizers do not lill the germs that are apread from feacl matter ( ie. The noro virus) it will wash "dirt" off your hands but won't stpp a stomach bug. Sorry but thats a fact. Id rather they have sinks and soap with crew saying wash jands before entering!😕

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app