Loved the Seaside

parallax

1. It was a little more formal due to NY than other YC sailings and I wore a suit for the gala night. For the other dressy night, I just wore a dress shirt and dress pants. On the Divina, I have been more casual.

2. Our child was 10 and we allowed her to walk herself over to the Kids Club. It is a very short walk from deck 18 of the YC.

3. Most of the passengers were from Italy and Germany. I did not have a hard time understand the staff. It is amazing how they can each speak several different languages. The predominant languages spoken were Spanish, Italian, English and German.

Thank you! My husband will be happy!

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

The chocolate bar that you mentioned above, is that the Venchi Chocolate Bar? And is that included with YC?

Also, were all drinks (except those marked with a *) from all bars on the ship included with YC?

Other reviews mentioned butler service to be lacking due to a 1:26 ratio. Some reported not meeting their butler until Day 3. What was your experience with this?

Thanks again!

1. It is the Venechi chocolate bar. Drinks and the gelato are free. The confections are not. However, the bring samples of the confections to the lounge buffet on a nightly basis.

2. Yes, all drinks were included.

3. Met ours the first day. We had no issues but we did not have many requests.

1. It is the Venechi chocolate bar. Drinks and the gelato are free. The confections are not. However, the bring samples of the confections to the lounge buffet on a nightly basis.

2. Yes, all drinks were included.

3. Met ours the first day. We had no issues but we did not have many requests.

Thanks so much again for all your helpful responses! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you parallax for the positive review! Refreshing.

My daughter did the Kids Club and she loved it. She brought home several Lego sets from tickets she redeemed (obtained doing activities in the Club).

Our DD is excited about this!

Finally, there were a ton of European passengers on the NY cruise. I think some of our fellow North American passengers did not like this reality. We heard some snide comments. We enjoy diversity while others prefer sameness. If you want everything to be standard like other cruise lines as to the approach in food, service and passenger profile, you should avoid MSC.

This was the one thing we enjoyed on Meravigilia...meeting people from other countries.

For the spa - did they have daily deals? For this particular cruise I have no plans to leave the ship. We will have just finished our move from one state to another. I just want to eat, sleep, drink, read and slide. :-)

Thank you parallax for the positive review! Refreshing.

Our DD is excited about this!

This was the one thing we enjoyed on Meravigilia...meeting people from other countries.

For the spa - did they have daily deals? For this particular cruise I have no plans to leave the ship. We will have just finished our move from one state to another. I just want to eat, sleep, drink, read and slide. :-)

No daily deals but it was a holiday cruise so I think everyone was looking to hit the spa.

Does anyone happen to know the age breakdown for the kids clubs? We have 11 and 8 year old girls, and I was wondering (hoping) that they would be together.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

, the Miniclub for Sailors 3-6 years old and the Juniors Club for Pirates 7-11

So happy to read a positive review. We sail in April and I almost considered canceling but I also know it takes a few months to work out issues on a new ship or really anything. We are looking forward to our cruise!

Diane