Ruby Princess Christmas Cruise

Gator83

Hi,

I was on the Ruby Princess Christmas cruise and thought I would do a small review. Overall the cruise was just ok. Service was just fair all over the ship, food was average in taste and choice, entertainment was fairly good (singer Paul Baker was fabulous and comedian Jammin' Jay Lamont was very good), the ship is a beautiful ship and is in good condition. It was really nice to be on the ship at Christmas time with a lot of holiday events and singing. I had an issue with the Maiter'D (I think I spelled that wrong...LOL) being rude and not listening to the issue. The staff member that worked in the Photography department and did two photography seminars was not very friendly and a bit standoffish but the staff member that did the Go Pro seminars was good.This cruise was not up to my previous experiences with Princess, especially when it came to service. Re: my cabin....I had an inside so I knew it would be small but the bathroom was really small and the shower was just wayyy too small but the cabin did have a lot of storage for being small.

Feel free to ask questions and I will answer if I can.

A couple of common questions these days:

Did you have to take your life jackets to muster?

How was the pizza on the Lido deck?

Also, did you notice whether they had the Princess Pop Choir? Someone said they were doing away with that, at least on certain ships.

Jim

You do not need to take your life jacket to muster.

I am a picky eater but I thought the pizza was good....I saw nothing wrong with it.

I do think they did they Pop Choir.

Nothing really special in MDR for Christmas...they had turkey, ham and some other things.

Ports were Puerto Vallarta,, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas.

I forgot to mention that they forgot my coffee order twice at the International Cafe and they overcooked my Medallions of Beef entree, but I did not send it back.

On embarkation day they had a local LA quartet dressed in clothes circa Oliver Twist time that sang holiday songs....they were fantastic. They also had a display with a lot of gingerbread houses....that was very nice.

Re: my cabin....I had an inside so I knew it would be small but the bathroom was really small and the shower was just wayyy too small but the cabin did have a lot of storage for being small.

We've been in every class of cabins except a suite. With the exception of the minis, AFAIR all the bathrooms were the same. Showers are acceptable, but a little tight.

You do not need to take your life jacket to muster.

I am a picky eater but I thought the pizza was good....I saw nothing wrong with it.

I do think they did they Pop Choir.

Nothing really special in MDR for Christmas...they had turkey, ham and some other things.

Ports were Puerto Vallarta,, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas.

I forgot to mention that they forgot my coffee order twice at the International Cafe and they overcooked my Medallions of Beef entree, but I did not send it back.

On embarkation day they had a local LA quartet dressed in clothes circa Oliver Twist time that sang holiday songs....they were fantastic. They also had a display with a lot of gingerbread houses....that was very nice.

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear that the service seemed to be slipping. I think it varies by ship, and I've never been on the Ruby.

Jim

We were on the same cruise. We had a balcony, and the shower was tight too. Shower water was luke warm and gradually getting colder after a while, not hot enough for a comfortable shower. Water in the sink was scalding hot. The ship had 4 hours water maintenance service at a port. We were hoping that they would fix our shower, but not. Princess doesn't care if we had cold shower for a week!

Movies under the stars was okay except that it was cold at night and need a sunglass to watch during the day.

Overall, Christmas decors were ok in the atrium. Christmas spirit was lacking in dining rooms and other areas beyond deck 5, 6, and 7. We were a bit disappointed that overall experience was just not enough for us.