Back-to back-with stateroom change question

smalltowner

Last April, we booked a transatlantic crossing from Miami to Barcelona on Riviera in one of the few "C", deluxe ocean view staterooms. Then, in October, I became aware that Riviera was going to do a Barcelona roundtrip cruise around the Mediterranean immediately following, instead of staying in dry dock for that time. My husband and I decided to book that cruise as well. However, there was no possibility of getting the same "C" stateroom for the entire back-to-back voyage, so we are in a different one for each leg. These cruises are taking place March/April 2018, and we have made final payment. Our TA is checking occasionally in case something changes, and I think it's supposed to be on Oceania's reservation radar too, but since there are so few "C"s, I think it's highly possible that we will be moving stateroom in Barcelona. I'm wondering if anyone out there has had this experience, and how it works. Do we pack up our stuff and take it somewhere for storage? We've already spent a week in Barcelona at the end of a previous cruise, so we aren't feeling a need to be in the city early, but do we have to clear our stateroom by 8 or 9 am?

The staff will help you move your things to the new cabin - just discuss it with the hotel manager ahead of time.

Easiest way is to keep your hanging items hanging and they will be moved on a rolling rack to the new cabin when it is ready - they may work on that cabin early. Then pack your loose items into the suitcase and that too will be moved. Your old cabin will be cleaned when it’s empty.

It’s a bit of a nuisance but not that bad.

Thanks for the information. It doesn't sound that bad if we don't have to pack up all the hanging stuff. It sounds like we can set up a time after breakfast and just work together with the staff. Good reminder about the safe! The second stateroom is just 5 down the hall from the first. I guess we just exchange keycards at reception once we're moved?

Also, I have read on other posts that any extra SBC from the first cruise will be rolled over to the second, but when my TA asked Oceania that question, he was told "no rollover". What was your experience? I plan to bring it up once onboard, and hopefully the running tab will be kept running, even with a stateroom change. We're selecting SBC as our OLife amenity on the first cruise, and will have quite a bit since we also have prepaid gratuities, and club SBC. On the second cruise we're selecting the excursions, so we won't have as much SBC, though it'll be our 10th O cruise, so we'll get prepaid gratuities and $400 club SBC. This cruise visits 8 ports on a 10-day cruise, so we won't be sitting around drinking wine as much, which is how we spend most of our SBC!

You are lucky that Oceania allowed you to book the B2B cruise since your cabin was taken for the 2nd cruise. I wanted to book 2 cruises for February 2018, but was not allowed as the same cabin was not available for both cruises. We would have had to move next door, but we were not allowed to book it. Therefore we are just on the first cruise. Moving cabins is not allowed anymore. The reason I was given was that there were too many complaints.

We have moved cabins previously. Four times in total. It has been very difficult to do this even though people say it is easy. They do not send that "hotel roller". One time no one was even available to help. We moved ourselves and it was from a B category to an A category (up 2 floors). The last time the clothes on hangers were moved for us. Everything was shoved into the new closet. My husband's clothes mixed with mine. Everything hanging crooked. We had to take everything out and put it back in correctly.

Many people have told me that it has been done for them very satisfactorily. Maybe they were in penthouse.

You will get through it though and will enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• but was not allowed as the same cabin was not available for both cruises. We would have had to move next door, but we were not allowed to book it.
  • Therefore we are just on the first cruise. Moving cabins is not allowed anymore.
  • The reason I was given was that there were too many complaints.

LOL, I wonder why?

I'm reminded of the old adage:

I just hate broccoli

And I am glad that I do

Because if I liked it, I would eat it

And I hate it

You are lucky that Oceania allowed you to book the B2B cruise since your cabin was taken for the 2nd cruise. I wanted to book 2 cruises for February 2018, but was not allowed as the same cabin was not available for both cruises. We would have had to move next door, but we were not allowed to book it. Therefore we are just on the first cruise. Moving cabins is not allowed anymore. The reason I was given was that there were too many complaints.

We have moved cabins previously. Four times in total. It has been very difficult to do this even though people say it is easy. They do not send that "hotel roller". One time no one was even available to help. We moved ourselves and it was from a B category to an A category (up 2 floors). The last time the clothes on hangers were moved for us. Everything was shoved into the new closet. My husband's clothes mixed with mine. Everything hanging crooked. We had to take everything out and put it back in correctly.

Many people have told me that it has been done for them very satisfactorily. Maybe they were in penthouse.

You will get through it though and will enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Interesting post.

Thanks for the information. It doesn't sound that bad if we don't have to pack up all the hanging stuff. It sounds like we can set up a time after breakfast and just work together with the staff. Good reminder about the safe! The second stateroom is just 5 down the hall from the first. I guess we just exchange keycards at reception once we're moved?

Also, I have read on other posts that any extra SBC from the first cruise will be rolled over to the second, but when my TA asked Oceania that question, he was told "no rollover". What was your experience? I plan to bring it up once onboard, and hopefully the running tab will be kept running, even with a stateroom change. We're selecting SBC as our OLife amenity on the first cruise, and will have quite a bit since we also have prepaid gratuities, and club SBC. On the second cruise we're selecting the excursions, so we won't have as much SBC, though it'll be our 10th O cruise, so we'll get prepaid gratuities and $400 club SBC. This cruise visits 8 ports on a 10-day cruise, so we won't be sitting around drinking wine as much, which is how we spend most of our SBC!

If your new room is just 5 doors down, that is even better because chances are that you will have the same stateroom attendant. He or she will make the move easier.

We just got off a B2B on Marina two weeks ago. Our entire account rolled over to the second leg. Sometimes the O phone reps do not have accurate information. If you are worried about it, go to reception on your first leg and they will confirm that this is the policy.

Yes, you will get new keycards.

We have done this. Our account was rolled over, our wine left from the first cruise was kept for the second cruise, and all we had to pack was the bathroom, drawers and safe. They transferred our clothes and took the hangers from the new cabin to our old cabin. It was quite painless.

Interesting post.

Yes - Very insightful.....

I'm pretty sure that even though we do our own unpacking - our clothes are still hanging crookedly. Thank goodness for the wardrobe doors that hide our shame.

;p