Bed set-up question on Oasis

kimsy888

So, we booked a Superior Oceanview with large balcony room which comes with a pullout sofa for 2 adults and 2 kids and are wondering if the kids will each get a twin bed or are they supposed to sleep on the pullout sofa? Does anybody know! Thx.

So, we booked a Superior Oceanview with large balcony room which comes with a pullout sofa for 2 adults and 2 kids and are wondering if the kids will each get a twin bed or are they supposed to sleep on the pullout sofa? Does anybody know! Thx.

Normally there is one main bed for 2 people (can be split into two beds) and one sofa bed for two people (cannot be split). However, if you post the stateroom number, we can tell you if there are pullman beds that drop from the ceiling.

Normally there is one main bed for 2 people (can be split into two beds) and one sofa bed for two people (cannot be split). However, if you post the stateroom number, we can tell you if there are pullman beds that drop from the ceiling.

It’s 12602. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s 12602. Thx.

Just main bed and sofa bed in that one. Also, sofa bed is not that large. It would be OK for two small children, but probably not comfortable for two adult sized people.

Just main bed and sofa bed in that one. Also, sofa bed is not that large. It would be OK for two small children, but probably not comfortable for two adult sized people.

Thx. Oh geesh. Didn’t expect not getting 2 twins. Can I request a cabin change?

Yes, but if it’s in a different category your cruise will be repriced at current rates. Use the legend and look for cabins that have the Pullman and sofa bed, it’s a black diamond.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You should be able to contact whoever booked your cruise and request a change. However, the question is whether it will cost more. You may have to change categories to get the sleeping arrangements you want, and if so, it would trigger a re-pricing of your cruise. Good luck!

The main bed divides into 2 twins in all but the large suites. I would not give up the real bed for the sofa bed...the kids will be fine on the sofa bed. If the kids can't share the bed, you'll need a cabin with either a sofa bed and a pullman, or 2 pullmans, if you want everyone to have their own bed.

But you ARE getting two twins (that can be put together to make one full). Were you expecting four twins? How old are your children? Would two adjoining cabins work? Or maybe an inside across the hall? I see you are only about two weeks out so not sure what might still be available or at what price.

But you ARE getting two twins (that can be put together to make one full). Were you expecting four twins? How old are your children? Would two adjoining cabins work? Or maybe an inside across the hall? I see you are only about two weeks out so not sure what might still be available or at what price.

Yeah, was expecting 4 twins. We cruised on Princess a few years ago and got two twins and 2 Pullman’s. Didn’t expect a sofa bed and sofa beds are usually super uncomfortable.

Most likely I’ll be with the baby on the twins pushed together and hubby and toddler were supposed to get each a twin. My toddler doesn’t sleep well if sharing a bed... nor does hubby sleep well if he’s with our toddler as he kicks and moves A LOT during the sleep...

Yeah, was expecting 4 twins. We cruised on Princess a few years ago and got two twins and 2 Pullman’s. Didn’t expect a sofa bed and sofa beds are usually super uncomfortable.

Most likely I’ll be with the baby on the twins pushed together and hubby and toddler were supposed to get each a twin. My toddler doesn’t sleep well if sharing a bed... nor does hubby sleep well if he’s with our toddler as he kicks and moves A LOT during the sleep...

I'n not 100% sure on the minimum age for the pullman, but I believe it was 6 years.

But you wrote in your original post that you are getting a pullout sofa. How did you NOT know that you were getting a pullout sofa?!?!??

But your original post said you had two twins and a sofa bed. That’s what you booked. You did not book a cabin with two pullmans and I think you know it. In any event, you need to reserve a pack and play for the baby and put the toddler on the sofa bed. Problem solved. As Bob said, even if you had a Pullman, your children would be too young to use it.

But your original post said you had two twins and a sofa bed. That’s what you booked. You did not book a cabin with two pullmans and I think you know it. In any event, you need to reserve a pack and play for the baby and put the toddler on the sofa bed. Problem solved. As Bob said, even if you had a Pullman, your children would be too young to use it.

I didn’t book it that way. It’s a “Guarantee” category balcony room. That’s what we ended up with right now.

Why would my toddler be too young to use a Pullman? My toddler is used to sleep on a bunk bed on the top level when we go on vacation.

If we had at least one Pullman, hubby could sleep on it and toddler on sofabed but I guess that would be a 5-passenger cabin.

Anyway, it is what it is and we will deal with what we have.

We're in room 8602, directly for 4 floors from you. This room only has a pull out sofa. And not like the regular pull out sofa type. The seat slides out and the back folds down, so there is no mattress, u are sleeping on the cushions basically

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We're in room 8602, directly for 4 floors from you. This room only has a pull out sofa. And not like the regular pull out sofa type. The seat slides out and the back folds down, so there is no mattress, u are sleeping on the cushions basically

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ummm... that doesn’t sound too comfortable. My poor hubby...:-|

Thx. Maybe that’s the reason they gave us a sofabed instead of Pullman.

No, they gave you a cabin in the category that you booked. You chose to book a guarantee category. You have to be willing to take any cabin that they give you. If a specific configuration was important to you then you needed to book a cabin with that configuration.

I agree with gerif. Get a pack and play for the baby and your problem is solved.

By the way, Oasis has very very very few cabins with Pullmans. The vast majority of quad occupancy cabins on this ship have a sofabed.

No, they gave you a cabin in the category that you booked. You chose to book a guarantee category. You have to be willing to take any cabin that they give you. If a specific configuration was important to you then you needed to book a cabin with that configuration.

I agree with gerif. Get a pack and play for the baby and your problem is solved.

By the way, Oasis has very very very few cabins with Pullmans. The vast majority of quad occupancy cabins on this ship have a sofabed.

The ones that have a Pullman have an occupancy of 5. I’m not sure if they allow them to be booked with 4 or not on a regular basis or if they release any that are unsold closer to sail date.