Coffee at International cafe

mrpayroll

I always enjoyed my coffee in the IC being served in a cup and saucer. On my last cruise on the Royal you place your order at the coffee and it is served in a paper cup, Starbucks style. Has the traditional cup and saucer and server experience gone by the wayside?

I always order an extra shot in my latte / flat white.

Would that be two punches?

I'll take a guess that "it depends on the barista" will be an answer, but thought I'd ask anyway for real life experiences.

Thanks in advance.

I always get a double shot latte and have never had them punch more than one, hopefully no changes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always enjoyed my coffee in the IC being served in a cup and saucer. On my last cruise on the Royal you place your order at the coffee and it is served in a paper cup, Starbucks style. Has the traditional cup and saucer and server experience gone by the wayside?

They still have traditional cups & saucer's if requested.

Also they'll give you the brewed coffee in the early mornings even without a coffee card but that stops somewhere around 6 AM when the OJ & cranberry juices disappear.

In October on the Star if you sat at one of the tables in the Piazza, one of the waitresses would come around and take your order and serve in a cup and saucer if you showed your coffee card. If you didn't have a coffee card she would charge your cruise card.

Ok, silly question. If you came down with 2 coffee cards, could you get 2 brewed coffees (as in one for you and one for spouse)? It just doesn't seem fair to have to use a punch for what was supposed to be free and unlimited, but I get the idea that the card is supposed to be for one person.

Ok' date=' silly question. If you came down with 2 coffee cards, could you get 2 brewed coffees (as in one for you and one for spouse)? It just doesn't seem fair to have to use a punch for what was supposed to be free and unlimited, but I get the idea that the card is supposed to be for one person.[/quote']

Yes... you can do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums