On BA headed to NY Captain changed course for another storm

tgloersen

Welcome home guys,

How was the weather in the islands ? Hopefully T-shirts and shorts ! Leaving February 2 on the breakaway ,hoping the waterslides will be open by then. can’t wait for your reviews !

Cold leaving NYC, as you know. Good weather until the last 30 hours. Good cruise overall. Missing Aruba was a bummer. Many onboard upset about late arrival and transit arrangements. Fortunately, there is regular bus service home for us, so it is nice to have a relaxing disembark morning. Not cleared yet. There is lunch available til 1:30 in buffet.

Good morning to those onboard the BA, and CC'er following - sea is looking calm this morning & ship is south of Ambrose Channel ... passed Asbury Park, NJ now - around 12 knots, almost home as she will turn soon for Lower NY Bay - in sight of land.

Probably sailing up the Hudson in another 2 to 2.5 hours and "should" be docking before 10:30 or 11 AM, later than scheduled but ahead of the revised 12 noon time ( ... flights, train & bus connection originally scheduled, probably not going to catch up.)

Welcome home, 32 degree F now, winds at 15 mph with gust of up to 23 mph, clouds & sunny - cellular signals onboard should begin to start work soon, another hour by the balconies or outdoors heading for the VZ Bridge ... maybe.

Our friends are going on the BA today and were notified not to come to the dock till4-6 this afternoon

Mking8288:

I always find your marine forecasts helpful like the ones in this thread. If you see this can you let me know what the marine forecast is for this Tuesday and Wednesday. We are leaving on the Gem and I know we are expecting rain. Thank you!

... always find your marine forecasts helpful ... let me know what the marine forecast is for this Tuesday and Wednesday. We are leaving on the Gem and I know we are expecting ...
Gotcha ... you are expecting a great time !! no if and but about it.

Seriously, will try - ha ha, wish I can really do make reasonable marine forecasts ... yeah, but I try to learn & read those static charts & moving maps, like every other CC'er here. You have an excellent Roll Call (see, I took a sneak peak ... sorry, I cheated ;p ) PatJim are wonderful M&M organizer, we are on a different Gem Roll Call later this early Spring - good (great) company you are in and I recognize some other CC "handles" or ID names on it - have a wonderful time, no matter what mother nature bring along.

Will figure a way to give some "guestimate" ahead without hijacking this thread, start a new/different one - most difficult is while you are already at sea, with limited satellite/WiFi and/or cellular access once at/near those island ports. Fortunately, the Gem's navigational channel usually offer more onboard details than the BA, not enough but at least, not clueless.

In short, at this moment - static oceanweather's data maps is a bit too far out to predict, but seas should be in the 5' to 7' to 10' to 12' ranges, nothing higher than 15' heights that I consider to be a little rough, with some white caps - unless there's strong gale force wind blowing across the bow or stern (50 mph - 45 knots without gusting).

Gotcha ... you are expecting a great time !! no if and but about it.

Seriously, will try - ha ha, wish I can really do make reasonable marine forecasts ... yeah, but I try to learn & read those static charts & moving maps, like every other CC'er here. You have an excellent Roll Call (see, I took a sneak peak ... sorry, I cheated ;p ) PatJim are wonderful M&M organizer, we are on a different Gem Roll Call later this early Spring - good (great) company you are in and I recognize some other CC "handles" or ID names on it - have a wonderful time, no matter what mother nature bring along.

Will figure a way to give some "guestimate" ahead without hijacking this thread, start a new/different one - most difficult is while you are already at sea, with limited satellite/WiFi and/or cellular access once at/near those island ports. Fortunately, the Gem's navigational channel usually offer more onboard details than the BA, not enough but at least, not clueless.

In short, at this moment - static oceanweather's data maps is a bit too far out to predict, but seas should be in the 5' to 7' to 10' to 12' ranges, nothing higher than 15' heights that I consider to be a little rough, with some white caps - unless there's strong gale force wind blowing across the bow or stern (50 mph - 45 knots without gusting).

Thank you for replying back to me. I really didn't want to hijack the thread but didn't know how else to reach you. Yes we have a really large roll call and M&G. One of these days hopefully we will sail with you. We love the Gem but have never cruised in winter. I only needed information for Tuesday since I won't be checking on cc during cruise and will use Gem's navigation while on board. Thanks again!