Lanyards - what kind to get for RC cruise?

DSfromFH

Going on an Oasis cruise. Does RC punch your card (room key/cc) so you can put it on a lanyard, or do you need to get a lanyard with a plastic pouch attached?

RC will still punch the card for Oasis, no RFID on Oasis as yet.

Save yourself a trip to the offfice on the ship , and possibly standing in a line , If you are gathering a few things for your r cruise in a dollar store, pick up a small punch for a dollar and toss it in your suitc ase. You can then punch your own card. I was in a dollar store this week and happened to notice them on the shelf.

some ships use RFID cards,, punching a hole will break it. need a pouch to hold card.

Not true. An RFID card can be punched, but it needs to be done in a particular part of the card. Which is why you should NOT do it yourself. Let the desk staff do it properly.

813wGx-Jo9L._SL1500_.jpg

These are what we use. They work great to hook on a belt loop or just your waist band.

These are much better looking than having something hung around your neck (DH's company uses these for their security badges)....Where did you buy these for those that feel their necessary ?

People on CC will make comments on how dorky you look w your card hanging on a lanyard. However, if you drop it into your shirt, nobody sees it.

There was a recent thread on lanyards that was hundreds of posts long. Bit of an overreaction to a simple problem in my opinion. It is just a lanyard.

Just in case it matters, I get mine hole punched.

DON

We've brought a hole punch on our last few cruises. And it's not difficult to punch an RFID card w/o messing it up. Just ask if you're unsure.

Punching a hole allows for one-hand use, unlike a pouch. Huge difference maker when carrying stuff, like food from the buffet, to your cabin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk