EZ Air Qustion

radman75

RED Have you experience this? Because if that is the case certainly Princess should have told the OP that is how it works....

Not personally, but another Cruise Critic member posted about a year ago how the switch had happened to him/her and Princess told him/her about the need to change the flights in order to keep the fare that had been booked.

I’m glad I stumbled upon this thread.

My wife and I booked EZ Air business class for our July 29 Baltic cruise out of Wernemunde. We’re flying into Berlin a week early to do some sight seeing.

I first booked them months ago and then kept watching and changing to cheaper tickets. I now have exactly what I want for flights and price.

After reading this thread, I called my TA this week and paid the air tickets in full to lock them in.

I don’t care that I’m now locked in. I have what I want and don’t have to worry about Delta pulling a switcharoo on me.

Thanks CC posters!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m glad I stumbled upon this thread.

My wife and I booked EZ Air business class for our July 29 Baltic cruise out of Wernemunde. We’re flying into Berlin a week early to do some sight seeing.

I first booked them months ago and then kept watching and changing to cheaper tickets. I now have exactly what I want for flights and price.

After reading this thread, I called my TA this week and paid the air tickets in full to lock them in.

I don’t care that I’m now locked in. I have what I want and don’t have to worry about Delta pulling a switcharoo on me.

Thanks CC posters!

Guess what? DELTA can still pull a switcharoo. Princess cannot. We've had Delta change our flights when I booked directly thru them. The difference is that they are now obligated to get you to a your destination at a time you are willing to accept. In my case the "amazingly wonderful airline people" tried to change us to a flight the next day that would have meant we'd miss our ship. Our flight that I'd so carefully selected, and the only reason I put us on Delta was suddenly not going to exist. I had a very stern talk with the Delta people and got a flight on our original day that did get us to our departure city as planned....but messed up our "at home" plans since we were now leaving 5 hours earlier than originally intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess what? DELTA can still pull a switcharoo. Princess cannot. We've had Delta change our flights when I booked directly thru them. The difference is that they are now obligated to get you to a your destination at a time you are willing to accept. In my case the "amazingly wonderful airline people" tried to change us to a flight the next day that would have meant we'd miss our ship. Our flight that I'd so carefully selected, and the only reason I put us on Delta was suddenly not going to exist. I had a very stern talk with the Delta people and got a flight on our original day that did get us to our departure city as planned....but messed up our "at home" plans since we were now leaving 5 hours earlier than originally intended.

We have used EZair several times with both overseas and domestic flights always so far with AA and United. We have not had any of the issues the OP had. From this discussion it appears that Delta is the problem here. I have friends who have complained about booking with Delta and having their flights changed but in that case they were dealing directly with Delta. Delta needs to re-evaluate their business plan.

Delta needs to re-evaluate their business plan.

I flew on Delta to/from an overseas cruise last year. The almost totally full flights indicate that they do not have to re-evaluate their business plans since the flights are full with the current plans.

I flew on Delta to/from an overseas cruise last year. The almost totally full flights indicate that they do not have to re-evaluate their business plans since the flights are full with the current plans.

Agreed, I think when they open up dates they have a lot of routes. They then reevaluate routes based on sales . They move passengers to fill planes and cancel the slower selling flights . That’s why they typically fly full. I think anything over two hours in change time you can get them to change. Not sure how long you have that ability for .

ITA about Delta. We had a devil of a time getting to Venice this past November on a Delta/Air France ticket. The morning we were leaving, one of our flights was cancelled by Delta. We were able to rebook for a little later in the day, then Air France cancelled a connecting flight on the new itinerary. So we went through the entire rebooking process again, and finally got flights leaving in the evening.

We made it to Paris and went to connect, and AF had cancelled our flight from CDG to Venice because their computer still showed us booked on one of the original itineraries and we "missed the flight." Even though we had boarding passes with seat assignments, and my husband had checked with the gate agent when we first got to CGD and was assured everything was ok. Luckily for everyone involved, there was still room on the flight and we got on. But then of course, our bags didn't make the flight so we had to deal with lost luggage......

Delta and Air France? Never again.

Delta changes my flights all the time, being retired not a huge deal. Last Fall coming to Ft. L. after being overseas was dicey. They changed my 12:30 p.m. flight to 9:30, got to the airport on time but not without some things going right. They opened 2 new lines for passport control as I got there. I missed the form to sign up for luggage transfer, so I had to pick up my suitcase. Many people had so much luggage, me with one bag, taxi control spotted me, put me in a smaller taxi.

I will check my EZ air and call if there is a change that is not good, not worth the stress. I'm flying to Buenos Aires next month, that flight stayed o.k., Delta changed my return flight from LA to Milwaukee. I couldn't do anything about it.

Delta changes my flights all the time, being retired not a huge deal. Last Fall coming to Ft. L. after being overseas was dicey. They changed my 12:30 p.m. flight to 9:30, got to the airport on time but not without some things going right. They opened 2 new lines for passport control as I got there. I missed the form to sign up for luggage transfer, so I had to pick up my suitcase. Many people had so much luggage, me with one bag, taxi control spotted me, put me in a smaller taxi.

I assume the new flight time was 9:30 AM, not PM. If so, you could not have used the Princess luggage transfer as EZCheck for FLL is only for flights after 11 AM.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know and I'll be flying out of Ft. L. in the Fall after my New England repo cruise. Afternoon flight but always subject to change. Another thing is I'll be watching closer for the form to get off the ship. I have a bad habit of not looking closely at all things coming with the daily patter.