Are "Chair Hogs" much of a problem on the Celebrity Summit (or her sisters)?

NJCruiser78

• 1 month later...
Chair Hog Bullies are a problem on every cruise, with enforcement of the no reserving policy lax to non-existent.

What to do? Complain, complain, complain, verbally on-board and in writing at the end of the cruise review/comments.

The problem is exacerbated by the cruise lines' emphasis on crew members receiving all 10s in the reviews/comments with the result that cruise line staff are reluctant to confront passengers to enforce the rules for fear of receiving less than a 10.

There is an upside to Chair Hog Bullies - I never check out a pool towel anymore. Why bother? I just find a Chair Hog Bully "nest" and help myself to a towel and maybe even a fresh paperback. I spot a likely target on my early morning walk and if it's still untouched a couple of hours later - it's mine.

AWESOME... this is the simplest way to deal with the Chair Hogs...hahaha love the look on their faces when they stroll to the pool at 1:30.

We spend most of sea days at the pool. I often notice chairs next to us have a book or towel but have been unoccupied for hours. If people are circling and cannot find seating, I will tell them that chair has been vacant a few hours and they can have a steward clear for them.

One cruise a couple left stuff every sea day and used the chair maybe 20-30 minutes the whole day. I pointed their chairs and said they had been vacant most of day. Someone took them. The couple returned a few hours later and threw a fuss to the same butler who had cleared them hours ago. Really????

After reading through this thread I made it a point to be on the lookout for chair hogs recently on the Reflection. Sure enough, on the first day out, most loungers had been reserved with towels, hats and other paraphernalia. The next morning the skies were overcast, yet that did not deter the "regulars". I must admit that it was amusing to see the paperback books and other belongings getting absolutely soaked when the heavens opened up.

Never had a problem with chair hogs 'cause DH & I sleep late and never make the pool deck before 1 PM. Then it's OUR problem to find some seats. I prefer the shade so almost always can find 2 together while others are at lunch.

Many years ago, I inadvertently found 2 with towels and no one in sight so we appropriated them. OOPS, about 15 minutes later, here came a couple with their lunches to find us there. They said nothing just did a U-turn and left.

A few years ago, some men came to fisticuffs over chairs and both were put off at the next port.

Sue

The Chair hogs are problem which is homemade by the cruise lines and their ships designers. Due to the lack of a real Prommenade Deck complete with lounge chairs ( as on board Queen Mary2) all and everybody and their uncle congregate on the upper decks. If the Milli Class ships are bothered with this - I do not know if the Millie Class, which have a prommendeck that earns the name- have still loungers there!