Pls help me understand GS non refundable deposit

mafig

we had a Grand Suite booked non-refundable for Symphony and cancelled it. Royal keeps $200.00 of the $500.00 deposit and maybe sometime we will see the $300.00 credit to use for another booking. Yes, we cancelled since we got an amazing price on MSC Seaside. We will be in the Yacht Club and think it will be a nice refresher from Regent and Royal.

I have called twice and have been told it takes 3 weeks from the cancellation for the email with the credit to be sent. Then at the 3 week time I was told it takes between 3 and 5 weeks for the email credit to be forwarded.

Will never, never book non-refundable again, too much hassle to try and get the credit so I can apply it to another cruise.

we had a Grand Suite booked non-refundable for Symphony and cancelled it. Royal keeps $200.00 of the $500.00 deposit and maybe sometime we will see the $300.00 credit to use for another booking. Yes, we cancelled since we got an amazing price on MSC Seaside. We will be in the Yacht Club and think it will be a nice refresher from Regent and Royal.

I have called twice and have been told it takes 3 weeks from the cancellation for the email with the credit to be sent. Then at the 3 week time I was told it takes between 3 and 5 weeks for the email credit to be forwarded.

Will never, never book non-refundable again, too much hassle to try and get the credit so I can apply it to another cruise.

2 yacht club perks you have to try.....19th deck yc buffet, every other day they have all you can eat lobster tails and they are BIG.

Vendi chocolate shop..YC gets all the gelato you want complementary

You've all been helpful. I understand now.:*

Now I'm trying to decide if I should take a GS with a connecting room. I have had very bad luck with those, or go with a JS, or wait.......

I would try to avoid the connecting door option.

2 yacht club perks you have to try.....19th deck yc buffet, every other day they have all you can eat lobster tails and they are BIG.

I am living on the MSC boards, inhaling every little post.

I'm going to check prices for Allure for Sept.

My husband just said "absolutely NOT" for a connecting GS.

Oh my, that sounds fantastic! We are anxious to try the ship, but we still very much like Royal. I'll be on Oasis again in April with a group of ladies.

It is wonderful that there are so many choices when going on a cruise, something for everyone. For me, I just love being out on the water, it is so relaxing.

Thank you so much for that excellent info and trust me, we usually try as much as possible.

Can the $300 FCC be used on an existing booking?

Yes, we have Yacht Club booked for July.

September scares me ...... hurricanes.

I feel better in October, after the 10th or so.:p

We will be on seaside from June 30 to July 14. Will you be on either of those weeks? Would love to chat with another rcl cruiser.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We are on Seaside the week of July 7.:D

Actually, we haven't been on Royal since Oasis in 2010. Can't believe it's been that long.

We want to go on Allure this year, but I'm having trouble deciding what category to go with. And, of course, today not only are there no GS that are not connecting but the price went up (a little).

We are on Seaside the week of July 7.:D

Actually, we haven't been on Royal since Oasis in 2010. Can't believe it's been that long.

We want to go on Allure this year, but I'm having trouble deciding what category to go with. And, of course, today not only are there no GS that are not connecting but the price went up (a little).

Will see you that week in the top sail lounge. I am excited to see the differences with MSC.

FYI allure oct 21, 2018 price for Grand Suite for 2 was about 3200. With that pricing we went with our goto cabin on oasis class ships. The pricing for Oct 21 2018 was just a couple hundred more than Oct 22 2017 so we just had to book it.

Will see you that week in the top sail lounge. I am excited to see the differences with MSC.

FYI allure oct 21, 2018 price for Grand Suite for 2 was about 3200. With that pricing we went with our goto cabin on oasis class ships. The pricing for Oct 21 2018 was just a couple hundred more than Oct 22 2017 so we just had to book it.

My goodness, we think alike.:cool:

October 21 is the date I'm looking at but there are no GSs available that are not connecting.

We were in the YC on Divina and it was wonderful. They've improved it on Seaside.

The GS prices on the Allure for 10/22/17 were even less than the $3200? for this year? If so WOW

You've all been helpful. I understand now.:*

Now I'm trying to decide if I should take a GS with a connecting room. I have had very bad luck with those, or go with a JS, or wait.......

As long as you do not change ship or sailing date, you do not lose any money.

So you can go from GS to JS, and the whole deposit transfers.

The GS prices on the Allure for 10/22/17 were even less than the $3200? for this year? If so WOW
Sorry i meant the cabin that we booked for 2017 and 2018 which are crown loft balconies. I believe the gs from oct 2017 was about $3200 or around $3160 for 2 people. Sorry for the confusion on gs pricing.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Any idea what happens if you pay a non-refundable deposit on a GS for three people and the third person wants to cancel? Do you lose the deposit for that person? What would happen if you substitute in a different third person?

Any idea what happens if you pay a non-refundable deposit on a GS for three people and the third person wants to cancel? Do you lose the deposit for that person? What would happen if you substitute in a different third person?

You can substitute a different third person no problem. I believe if you cancel the third person, that deposit is used to reduce the cruise balance.

Since the FCC from a deposit is not transferable, I would suspect that the person cancelling will get an FCC for the deposit minus the $100 that is lost.

But why not call RCI and ask them?