Anyone have final payment due this w/end?

sheilb4

I don’t think so, I certainly wouldn’t take that chance and would wait until 1-2 days before final due, that’s what I did. Once you have made full payment, I believe that’s it.

Wrong. With your thinking, you wouldn't be able to cancel without penalty either

I of course realize that....but find it so much easier to call to have my balance reduced when I see the pricing fall on my cruise up until final payment date. Which is why I wait until final payment "due date". No reason to pay it off early that I can see.

Easier to ask for the reduction than beg for a refund. ;)

I agree! Lol very smart imho.

I agree! Lol very smart imho.

You are most welcome. :)

I prefer to leave my money in my interest bearing account until the last day, rather than give it up early to RCI. ;)

If they want me to pay off early...hey...call me. I could be easy to convince on a free upgrade offer. ;p:D

You are most welcome. :)

I prefer to leave my money in my interest bearing account until the last day, rather than give it up early to RCI. ;)

If they want me to pay off early...hey...call me. I could be easy to convince on a free upgrade offer. ;p:D

And what rate would that be?

Congratulations! If your price drops can can you get that adjusted. Or do they have to reprice at current sale and I will lose my obc.

Yes, you can reprice anytime before final payment is due to take advantage of price drops. OBC is based on whatever promo you reprice under, but any OBC that comes from a TA or from booking on board is not affected.

So for example, I booked onboard and got $100 OBC, but booked at full price as no promos were running. A few months later, the price dropped and RCI had a promo that included $100 OBC. Then the price dropped again, but the promo had no OBC. I repriced, but gave up the $100 OBC (the price drop was I think around $150). Then another promo with $175 OBC came and I repriced for that and got the $175 OBC. In the end, I have $275 OBC and a price that was several hundred less than I initially booked at.

Any rate would be better than zero. :confused:;p

That interest rate is between my broker and myself. Don't worry...I don't starve. ;)

Even if it was 1%, which it probably isn't, you sure aren't losing much paying a couple weeks ahead.

In many cases, it wouldn't even apply if you paid by credit card and paid balance when due.

Even if it was 1%, which it probably isn't, you sure aren't losing much paying a couple weeks ahead.

In many cases, it wouldn't even apply if you paid by credit card and paid balance when due.

1%??!! I would have to fire my broker. :o

But thanks for taking such an interest in "my interest". :rolleyes:;)

How about this: Wait until final payment due date with money still sitting in broker account. Pay off with credit card...money still sitting in broker account until credit card payoff.

Have eight cruises booked right now. Still see no reason to give up the cash until I have to. :cool:

Why are you so intent on paying off early? :confused:

1%??!! I would have to fire my broker. :o

But thanks for taking such an interest in "my interest". :rolleyes:;)

How about this: Wait until final payment due date with money still sitting in broker account. Pay off with credit card...money still sitting in broker account until credit card payoff.

Have eight cruises booked right now. Still see no reason to give up the cash until I have to. :cool:

Why are you so intent on paying off early? :confused:

If is such a great rate, no harm in letting the forum know the firm and rate they pay

If is such a great rate, no harm in letting the forum know the firm and rate they pay

Getting a bit personal on my personal finances aren't we? :o;p

Let's just say I am not stupid with my money, and as I said...I don't starve. ;)

You still did not answer: Why are you so intent on paying off early?

Nice reminder thread. Final payment is due today for an upcoming cruise on Freedom. Moved from an ocean view to a D3 and saved $198 along the way. Nice start to the day.:)

Oh great! That makes me very happy that someone else has benefited like me prior to final payment this w/end. That was why I thought to start the thread in the hopes that others could also get a lower price like I did. Brilliant!! 👍😁

Oh great! That makes me very happy that someone else has benefited like me prior to final payment this w/end. That was why I thought to start the thread in the hopes that others could also get a lower price like I did. Brilliant!! 👍😁

Agree with that!! :D

Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Agree with that!! :D

Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Thanks!

That’s why I love CC Have been helped so much over the years with great info on these boards, it’s always awesome to share stuff and hear of good outcomes isn’t it. 😉😁

Thanks!

That’s why I love CC Have been helped so much over the years with great info on these boards, it’s always awesome to share stuff and hear of good outcomes isn’t it. 😉😁

Yes it is! I also have gained much knowledge from my helpful CC members. And always happy to share in ideas and info when I can myself.

That's what makes the forum so wonderful. :)

Getting a bit personal on my personal finances aren't we? :o;p

Let's just say I am not stupid with my money, and as I said...I don't starve. ;)

You still did not answer: Why are you so intent on paying off early?

Where did I say I did?

So your great rate is a secret! Asking where is not personal

Newbie here; booked and paid for an April 22 departure just a couple of days ago, after the final payment due date. Just curious how you monitor for price drops - do you go to the RCI website and pretend to book the same cruise, comparing those prices to what you paid? Do you call? How often do you do this? Same for checking for better discounts on beverage & internet packages, etc. - do you check the website periodically, watch these boards for posts, or what? Hoping to get some tips specific to RCI from you so that we can save a little money if possible! Thanks!

Newbie here; booked and paid for an April 22 departure just a couple of days ago, after the final payment due date. Just curious how you monitor for price drops - do you go to the RCI website and pretend to book the same cruise, comparing those prices to what you paid? Do you call? How often do you do this? Same for checking for better discounts on beverage & internet packages, etc. - do you check the website periodically, watch these boards for posts, or what? Hoping to get some tips specific to RCI from you so that we can save a little money if possible! Thanks!

Not much you can do after final payment date, except watch for price drops on higher category cabins...you could snare a no charge or small price upgrade when and if that happens.

Otherwise the reductions in your cruise price is only before final payment due date.

I do a "dummy" booking online RCI to check pricing. Go all the way through until you see the price to compare without actually booking it.

Both situations have worked for me in the past. Good luck, and have a wonderful cruise! :)

Advantages to paying off early?

Some are happy to get it done.

Since you won't share the great company and interest rate you claim they pay, I'd think you just checked and found not so great after all. Probably pretty bad in fact. With 5 year CD's paying a top rate of just over 2%, money markets at 1.5% tops, and savings accounts a fraction of that, not much to be made

Not much you can do after final payment date, except watch for price drops on higher category cabins...you could snare a no charge or small price upgrade when and if that happens.

Otherwise the reductions in your cruise price is only before final payment due date.

I do a "dummy" booking online RCI to check pricing. Go all the way through until you see the price to compare without actually booking it.

Both situations have worked for me in the past. Good luck, and have a wonderful cruise! :)

Thanks! (I'd love to upgrade from Balcony to JS - but will have to snag a great price to convince dear husband!)

Some are happy to get it done.

Since you won't share the great company and interest rate you claim they pay, I'd think you just checked and found not so great after all. Probably pretty bad in fact. With 5 year CD's paying a top rate of just over 2%, money markets at 1.5% tops, and savings accounts a fraction of that, not much to be made

Wow...just wow. And you would think wrong on that...very..very wrong. And for some reason you are STILL obsessed with my finances. :eek: You don't have a clue about investment brokerage firms do you.

The bulk of my money, and the people that actually make money on their investments...do not store it in a low interest bank or Savings and Loan. That's just working liquid day to day cash flow.

So obviously you have don't have an investment broker. Mine has made my early retirement quite comfortable, thank you. ;)

Thanks! (I'd love to upgrade from Balcony to JS - but will have to snag a great price to convince dear husband!)

You are most welcome!

Don't give up hope! :) I kept checking prices for my last cruise on Jewel after final payment and was able to upgrade for no cost from a JS to a GS when those prices dropped. :D

My final payment is due today but I have one of those crazy priced Adventure cruises so there were no further discounts. I did notice that a lot of GS and JS suddenly became available in the last week, even though they were also priced well.