“Live” Jewel of the Seas - February 4, 2018

Who was your Captain onboard this trip?

TIA

Wish I could say I remember but I don't. Was even a question in C&A trivia. In one of the compasses, there's a bunch of names and pictures. Don't have that bag with me now, but will update when I get home unless someone else chimes in.

Hey everyone!! We are currently sitting in the lounge at SJU enjoying our coffee and snacks until our afternoon flight home.

Great cruise but so exhausted!!

Also, my option to add pics on my reply has vanished. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Mandy, I would recommend downloading Tapatalk through the App Store when you get home. I used to use the same Forums app and noticed recently that the photo upload has disappeared. The functions are exactly the same as I am attaching below :) 030121eb5c9d52a920507901961890f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have all the cruise compasses and the page in discussion. I wish I could post pics of all this!!

Hopefully you can figure it out, can't wait to see them and thanks for all the info. I'm on the same trip in three weeks from today.

Wish I could say I remember but I don't. Was even a question in C&A trivia. In one of the compasses, there's a bunch of names and pictures. Don't have that bag with me now, but will update when I get home unless someone else chimes in.

Captain Patrick from Canada, but don't remember the last name.

Captain Patrick Jukes, from Vancouver [emoji1063]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, another Canadian. We sailed the TA in November, and it was Captain Dustin (Castelsky, I think), and we found he only gave factual information on his noon announcements!!! This is the first time we've encountered this, most Captain's have a bit of humour added along the way. We're due to sail on the Eastbound TA in 12 weeks from now, wonder who the Captain will be then?

is there a good amount of equipment? dumbbells?

Tons of dumbells, most people in there during good feet or other sales type events. Most people walked the track, or like me, chose the stairs/ active excursions. I only ever saw max of 3 people in the place working out otherwise... though I will say I wasn't in there early mornings. Lots and lots of dumbells, seemed to me to be plenty of machines. Sorry I never took any pictures. I never saw showers or a locker room, but there are bigger bathrooms with multiple stalls just outside the doors on both sides of the ship.

not sure on the activity manager, though there was a Danny. Capitan was Patrick Jukes (as previously provided), Hotel Director was Peter Dimitrov, Chief Engineer was Georgi Lechev, Food and Beverage Director was Jennifer Shinde, Cruise Director was Jerom Sueur, and Loyalty Ambassador was Viguhi Barth-Henri Madiou.

Just remembered, the port side of the ship saw the most views during our sailing- most of the land was on that side. Sure, they could change things, but we were on the "wrong side" most of the time. Thought that might be helpful for others with the same itinerary.

not sure on the activity manager, though there was a Danny. Capitan was Patrick Jukes (as previously provided), Hotel Director was Peter Dimitrov, Chief Engineer was Georgi Lechev, Food and Beverage Director was Jennifer Shinde, Cruise Director was Jerom Sueur, and Loyalty Ambassador was Viguhi Barth-Henri Madiou.

Activity Manager usually is the CD's sidekick on the morning show many days.