“Live” Jewel of the Seas - February 4, 2018

We are ONBOARD and I can’t say enough great things!! We boarded around 1300 and went from check in line to our STATEROOM in 20-25 minutes. My BF and I were in shock...our luggage arrived one hour later. The shock continued. However the biggest shock was our room. We didn’t realize we had such a big balcony!! Stateroom 7026...

80f7944fadbc88bb5a96ce92891f1184.jpg

8ab6ac112c670126699e1e35becf13b2.jpg

Looking AFT

93788a961a2c7833fdc510f17201ec0d.jpg

Looking FWD

22bb05b06df3cc2bf9f1c9aa7335b010.jpg

We unpacked and wiped/lysoled our entire cabin and are settled at the pool bar currently. We are both impressed with the variety of little areas to “hide” away and take in the views.

Drink of the day!! It’s delicious and yes the beverage package is WORTH every penny. Can not wait for our cappuccinos in the morning also.

3800e4675cbc21961e70aef89cefcac0.jpg

We will be purchasing VOOM so posts should be coming while we are away.

No word yet on muster or delayed dining.

More pics and reviews to come including sail away!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on this same cruise in April, so thanks for adding to the excitement.

If you get a chance to comment on any "Theme nights", that would be great. I would hate to bring out "white out" cloths and find out there was no such party.

Enjoy and we are looking forward to your posts.

-F-

Just found this thread and am excited to hear about all things Jewel. We are doing a family/friends reunion trip in the Med in May, 2019. It's been quite awhile since I have been on RCCL, but I understand that not that long ago there was a $30m renovation to Jewel. Your cabin looks beautiful. We now have all the sunset verandahs booked on deck 9...nothing like watching the ship's wake.

Enjoy your cruise and happy birthday!

Susan

Just found this thread and am excited to hear about all things Jewel. We are doing a family/friends reunion trip in the Med in May, 2019. It's been quite awhile since I have been on RCCL, but I understand that not that long ago there was a $30m renovation to Jewel. Your cabin looks beautiful. We now have all the sunset verandahs booked on deck 9...nothing like watching the ship's wake.

Enjoy your cruise and happy birthday!

Susan

Are any of you in cabin 9256 on the starboard corner? I'll have pictures from there in May.

We are on this same cruise in April, so thanks for adding to the excitement.

If you get a chance to comment on any "Theme nights", that would be great. I would hate to bring out "white out" cloths and find out there was no such party.

Enjoy and we are looking forward to your posts.

-F-

There was a white night on both of our cruises on the 14th and 21st! A lot of people were actually wearing white! They also had a Caribbean night and a 70s night.

can you tell me (us) what the shows were? Any you'd recommend/avoid? 33 days and counting for our turn on her :-D

2 production shows - West End to Broadway and City of Dreams. I am a HUGE fan of production shows and normally don't complain. But I will say, the shows were absolutely horrible. I was sooo sad! 3 out of the 4 singers were pretty bad (1 girl in general) and we left early from both shows. Everyone on the cruise seemed to agree. At least the people at our dinner tables. I don't like to sway people from going to the shows but since you asked, I thought I'd give a heads up. The singer, Holly was awesome though and I could listen to her all day. The dancers were good too but when you have to listen to horrible singing, it kind of ruins the whole show.

The other shows were comedians who were mostly very funny. El Gaucho is another show but we've seen him many times so we skipped. One night, they had a juggler/comedian and he was awesome! On one of the weeks, they had a singing only show with Holly and Reuben. I heard it was a good show but we didn't attend.

2 production shows - West End to Broadway and City of Dreams. I am a HUGE fan of production shows and normally don't complain. But I will say, the shows were absolutely horrible. I was sooo sad! 3 out of the 4 singers were pretty bad (1 girl in general) and we left early from both shows. Everyone on the cruise seemed to agree. At least the people at our dinner tables. I don't like to sway people from going to the shows but since you asked, I thought I'd give a heads up. The singer, Holly was awesome though and I could listen to her all day. The dancers were good too but when you have to listen to horrible singing, it kind of ruins the whole show.

The other shows were comedians who were mostly very funny. El Gaucho is another show but we've seen him many times so we skipped. One night, they had a juggler/comedian and he was awesome! On one of the weeks, they had a singing only show with Holly and Reuben. I heard it was a good show but we didn't attend.

We did a B2B cruise on the Jewel April 2017. I agree with you about theses two production shows. Needless to say we left early for both shows on the first leg and skipped both shows on the second leg. And what really sucked we had the same shows on our 2015 B2B cruise on the Jewel. We thought possibly the production crew would have made some changes from 2015 to 2017. Nope!

Edited by davekathy

Thank you on the shows. I would have dragged SO, not a show person, then had side eye all night;p

I had read reviews but hearing if from someone on board, thanks.

I love comedians. The Comedy Club on Oasis & Allure were awesome.

Thank you on the shows. I would have dragged SO, not a show person, then had side eye all night;p

I had read reviews but hearing if from someone on board, thanks.

I love comedians. The Comedy Club on Oasis & Allure were awesome.

My thanks as well. I would never have heard the end of it after dragging my family to a bad (or two bad!) shows ;-)

Yes! My goddaughter and her new husband will be in that cabin. I'll look forward to seeing those pictures. Thanks!

I imagine my review will start around May 7 or 8th.

Wish I was there now, 4" of snow here.

Ok just subscribed. We are actually sailing on the same cruise as BillOh & his lovely wife, Gina.

So looking forward to your updates. We are also doing the Murder Mystery Dinner for the first time so especially looking forward to what you think.

Have a great cruise and the Happiest of Birthdays. :D:D

I am very curious about the Murder Mystery Dinner, please come back and tell us how it went!

I genuinely hope that Mandy is having such a brilliant trip she hasnt had time to post anything.

Anyone else slightly concerned?

She probably saw how much the internet costs buying in onboard instead of ahead of time [emoji23]. Maybe will use the diamond internet days wisely later on? (Not sure what her status is)

I genuinely hope that Mandy is having such a brilliant trip she hasnt had time to post anything.

Anyone else slightly concerned?

It is a port intensive cruise and hopefully she is having a good time on the same intinerary I am doing. Since there will be about 77 days after she gets back and I go, I'm not worried she won't update before then.

Their current CD is Jerome Sueur and he has been posting facebook updates all week.