Any balconies to avoid on Sun Princess

pamwinn

Pam you are correct the balcony cabins on the Sun are all the same. If you book Baja or up the outward opening of the balcony is a bit larger (think picture window) but the square footage is the same as cabins below. These balconys are cut out of the hull and are not like those on the new ships. But, unless she is planning on hosting a balcony party for lots of people they do just fine.

All the balcony cabins are basically the same (accept for some on the aft end), which in the case of the Sun class means they are somewhat smaller than on the Grand class ships. We were a little disappointed in the balconies that face the aft of the ship (these are in great demand) because there is superstructure between these balconies and the true aft end of the ship. However, the balconies on the corners of the rear are probably the best because of the larger balcony area.

Hank

Be sure you get the balcony that overlooks the SEA...last trip we had one that was looking over the Dock!!! when we complained , they just looked at us!! Also evry morning the sun came into the room just as the sun rose!! So after 3 days, I complained, this time they listened and we did not have it the entire way back to Galveston,,,,thank goodness someone at Princess cares!!!

Just make sure when you book a balcony cabin on the Sun Princess, it isn't one of the rooms for 3 people. These rooms are not the same as the rest and are very uncomfortable. All the beds fold out of the wall and it is just not a nice room. There aren't many of these rooms and chances are you won't get one of them, but do make sure to avoid them.

Hulagirl

I booked A638. I hope it is okay.

Pam I personally think you picked a great cabin. It is directly across from the stairs and the elevators and that should reduce walking for her. We once had a similar cabin on the Baja deck and did not encounter any undue noise from people entering the hallway. Hope she enjoys her cruise. Barb

Just make sure when you book a balcony cabin on the Sun Princess, it isn't one of the rooms for 3 people. These rooms are not the same as the rest and are very uncomfortable. All the beds fold out of the wall and it is just not a nice room. There aren't many of these rooms and chances are you won't get one of them, but do make sure to avoid them.

Hulagirl

Hulagirl

My sisters and I booked on the Sun Princess in APril 7 10 day cruise. There was only 1 balcony cabin that became available A732. Its for 3-4 people. Its very small. We were told it has 2 single beds that do not make up a queen and 2 fold down beds. Yes its very small. But our only alternative was to book a Mini Suite and at that time the prices were way to high. Perhaps the price will go down when the final payments are due end of January. The Oceana has a picture of the family cabins.

I certainly hope we are O.K. We are social people so we intend to be in the cabin for the bare necessities only.

Julie

Hulagirl

My sisters and I booked on the Sun Princess in APril 7 10 day cruise. There was only 1 balcony cabin that became available A732. Its for 3-4 people. Its very small. We were told it has 2 single beds that do not make up a queen and 2 fold down beds. Yes its very small. But our only alternative was to book a Mini Suite and at that time the prices were way to high. Perhaps the price will go down when the final payments are due end of January. The Oceana has a picture of the family cabins.

If you have seen the pictures on the P&O website of the Oceania's family balcony cabins and that is OK with you - then you won't be surprised and will be ok. The beds are more like benches that fold out from the wall. There really is very little space in these cabins - for example, no space to put suitcases since there are no real beds to slide them under. Hulagirl is currently on a cruise - she can elaborate more when she returns.

Be sure you get the balcony that overlooks the SEA...last trip we had one that was looking over the Dock!!! when we complained , they just looked at us!! Also evry morning the sun came into the room just as the sun rose!! So after 3 days, I complained, this time they listened and we did not have it the entire way back to Galveston,,,,thank goodness someone at Princess cares!!!

You're kidding right? Pretty funny! :D

Hulagirl

I certainly hope we are O.K. We are social people so we intend to be in the cabin for the bare necessities only.

Julie

A741 is showing available on that cruise also. It appears to be a regular balcony cabin. Or do you need those extra beds for you and your sisters?

Archived