Voom Question

paulmlac

I have a question about Voom.

There are 4 people in the family. If I buy the 4 device package, that means we could each use 1 device all at the same time.

Can we change the device we are using? For example, start by using an iPhone, log off, connect an iPad, log off, connect a laptop. Kind of an extreme example but I am trying to figure out if we can connect different devices (so long as no more than 4 are on at a time).

I have a question about Voom.

There are 4 people in the family. If I buy the 4 device package, that means we could each use 1 device all at the same time.

Can we change the device we are using? For example, start by using an iPhone, log off, connect an iPad, log off, connect a laptop. Kind of an extreme example but I am trying to figure out if we can connect different devices (so long as no more than 4 are on at a time).

That's correct. 4 devices logged on at a time. No limit as to how many devices are used.

In order to change devices, go to your web browser and put logoff dot com. You can then log in your next device. If you do not do this, then one of the other other devices ( think FIFO) will be logged out automatically.

With 1 device plan it is 1 device at a time. So if you have phone, I pad and computer youcan switch between them as many times as you want, but you can use only one ofthem at a time.

With 4 device plan you can use 4 at the same time. Each of you will have a log in. You can use this log in on any device but oneat a time. So for example, you would not be able to useyour log in at the same time on the phone and the computer. But you would be able to use your log in onthe phone (just an example) and your other family member would be able to usetheir log in on the computer or their phone.

Unless all 4 member of your family need to use their devicesat the same time you don’t really need 4 device plan. Myfamily of 4 managed to use our devices on a 1 device plan.

We were on Oasis in a CL's with our family (11 of us). Each of us had internet and the older grandkids and adults had cell phones. The HUGE advantage is that we put our phones in "airplane" mode, turned on "wifi" and logged on, and since we'd activated "wifi calling" (a free service from your carrier), we were able to text and phone each other with no cost to any of us. With "wifi calling" you can use your phone as though you are at home and call anyone with a domestic number for no charge no matter where that domestic number is located. Great way to keep in touch on a huge ship like Oasis.

We were on Oasis in a CL's with our family (11 of us). Each of us had internet and the older grandkids and adults had cell phones. The HUGE advantage is that we put our phones in "airplane" mode, turned on "wifi" and logged on, and since we'd activated "wifi calling" (a free service from your carrier), we were able to text and phone each other with no cost to any of us. With "wifi calling" you can use your phone as though you are at home and call anyone with a domestic number for no charge no matter where that domestic number is located. Great way to keep in touch on a huge ship like Oasis.

Our last cruise was on Disney. They had a pretty slick system. Through the Disney Cruise Line app, you could text other passengers. So my family set up a group chat basically. The advantage was that it was free (soda was too). Seriously, it's another topic altogether, but I just booked a RCCL trip & all I've been doing since is spending money on upcharges.

Our last cruise was on Disney. They had a pretty slick system. Through the Disney Cruise Line app, you could text other passengers. So my family set up a group chat basically. The advantage was that it was free (soda was too). Seriously, it's another topic altogether, but I just booked a RCCL trip & all I've been doing since is spending money on upcharges.

How do the base fares compare?

Only did one cruise on Disney. Was offseason. So don’t have a good read on fares. Conventional wisdom is they are more expensive. I’ll go with that. The post booking experience seemed a little more streamlined than RC has been as I recall.