Question for my European Friends

klfrodo

On July 15th, I will be boarding the Brilliance of the Seas in Amsterdam.

The FIFA World Cup Championship will be played in Moscow on July 15th. If my times are correct, the match will begin at 1600 hrs Amsterdam time.

I can only imagine that most of the guests and the crew will be excited and I'm looking forward to being in the middle of it.

However, that will be about the same time as Muster Drill, sail away party, wives (mine anyway) wanting to get ready for dinner, etc.

What can I expect to happen and what can I expect to be happening?

I mean, is it going to be normal sail away? or is the Captain and the crew going to say bugger off, its FIFA, Muster can wait until tomorrow.

I am not European, but I can tell you that muster is NEVER delayed "until tomorrow."

I am not sure that it ever was on a RC ship, but since the Costa Concordia disaster, you can be sure that there WILL be a muster drill before the ship leaves the pier.

We were on Adventure during the last World Cup albeit not the final.

The ship didn't make operational decisions around game times. Muster drill was in the middle of a big game.

It was though a really great atmosphere on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sailing as well on a different cruise but during world cup time. Was rather hoping to avoid it all.

It will be easily avoided if that's what you choose.

We just found it fun to mix with a certain nationality if they were gathered in a particular bar.

The ship sails at 1700 and usually muster is an hour before departure if I am correct so you will be fine. You will miss the sail out of Amsterdam (unless they air the game on the pool deck) which is a very nice one especially when you go trough the locks in ijmuiden.

It will be easily avoided if that's what you choose.

We just found it fun to mix with a certain nationality if they were gathered in a particular bar.

I double checked and the cup is finished by the time I sail thankfully. I try to avoid a gathering football fans at all costs. Now Rugby on the other hand there's a proper game:D