Nachi or Mr Sanchos

LatinaInTexas

My sister went to Mr. Sancho's while on her honeyhoneymoon with my brother-in-law. Said it had more of a 'Spring Break' party vibe; could partially be due to them going around graduation time. They had fun and met lots of people, but she said it was VERY crowded.

We went to Nachi Cocom for my birthday last October. She notes everything was less crowded compared to early summer, but again this area allows less people and is more laid-back in general. We loved our cozy little spot, the food portions were GREAT! I eat my weight in food much like many men do... I was kind of embarrassed to still be full at dinner back on the ship!

Snorkeling was amazing, and that swim-up bar was heavenly. I am past the days of what Mr. Sancho's has to offer... not to say I wouldn't have LOVED it when younger! All you can eat, and fun times on the beach? I would have been there every year if I had money back then. But Nachi Cocom is where I will be returning this October for my birthday, again. Great service, great food, great relaxing atmosphere. ;)

Thank you for all the great info, everyone! I am glad I found this thread, as we were considering Mr. Sanchos. Definitely the atmosphere I am reading at Nacho is better for us (serenity deck instead of lido, good one mcgee!) How are the drinks at Nachi--do they have things like wine and/or champagne (mimosas), along with the mixed drinks and beer?

Everytime we've ever been the snorklings not great

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Crud [emoji53]. Given Mr Sanchos is just down the beach on the same ‘strip’ so to speak, is the snorkelling any better? Or is there somewhere you’d recommend that has an all inclusive beach that isn’t too ‘rowdy’ that also has good snorkelling??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crud [emoji53]. Given Mr Sanchos is just down the beach on the same ‘strip’ so to speak, is the snorkelling any better? Or is there somewhere you’d recommend that has an all inclusive beach that isn’t too ‘rowdy’ that also has good snorkelling??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People like to go to chankanaab to snorkel usually. Mr Sanchos will be the same as Nachi snorkel wise. It's not really rowdy at all just more lively and much much better food than Nachi. We went to Nachi maybe 5 times until we discovered the better food at Mr Sanchos :)

We'll never do Nachi again for that reason. Don't get me wrong it's nice but for us it's too quiet

A little advice. Before you make your reservations at Nachi, decide what "extras" you want. My husband decided that he would like to snorkel. There was no way to add it on as an afterthought through the website. After contacting the resort by email, I was told to sign up for it when we arrived. Hopefully there will be a spot.

No sandy beach will offer good snorkeling -the sand and waives cloud the water and there are no rocks & reefs for the little fish to thrive in. Nachi (and many other beach clubs) offers a 90 or so minute snorkel tour for about $30+ per person -- the folks next to us a while back were happy with the tour, and I was happy to relax and sip on a few more drinks. :cool:

I know it was extra. I had just hoped to reserve it ahead of time so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. Christmas time seems to be at a premium for cruising.
You would think they would love to pre reserve spots for extras and allow people to pay ahead. That's money in the bank even if they're no shows

I agree. However, obviously their tech people need to upgrade their website and/or add some links to the providers of the extra services. This way if you had to make arrangements through the actual provider, like it sounds, it could be done at the original time or after the fact.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone taken the snorkel tour out to the reef? If so, large or small boat? Easy to get in and out of the water? Sometimes the small boats with small ladder (can't jump in) are so hard to get in and out. Contemplating booking the snorkel excursion while there but have not found a lot of details. Thanks.

Hello! We will be there in 3 weeks, and we too are trying to decide between Nachi and Sanchos. We are 2 pretty laid back adults, with 2 kids (10 year old boy and 7 year old girl). I know that Sanchos has that water park area that you have to pay extra for, does Nachi offer any kind of flotation devices (intertubes, loungers, noodles, etc.)? It looked like there were some in the photos, but would love to hear from somebody that has been there recently.

Thanks!

Agree, barely see one fish when snorkeling

No sandy beach will offer great snorkeling - the sand/waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in.

For MUCH better snorkeling from the shore check out the Money Bar beach club - no beach, you enter the water via steps.

ABQRobin and Mitsugirly have lots of photos posted of the Money bar - check it out!

No sandy beach will offer great snorkeling - the sand/waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in.

For MUCH better snorkeling from the shore check out the Money Bar beach club - no beach, you enter the water via steps.

ABQRobin and Mitsugirly have lots of photos posted of the Money bar - check it out!

Thanks! Kauai beach snorkeling had terrific marine life though. Some beaches do.