Isn't it unusual for check in to start at 4:30?

SeaWatch12

I posted this on the roll call for the 4/30 Eclipse sailing out of Dublin.

Thought I would post the situation here on the general Celebrity board to see if anyone has insight.

Thanks, Mark

I did the online check in today and the express pass states that the check in time is from 4:30 - 8:30 pm.

Have never seen such a late check in.

(The edocs were not available to view yet, luggage tags not orderable at this time, but that's OK)

I know we don't depart until 10:15 pm.

Does anyone know why the check in is so late?

The ship appears to be scheduled to arrive in Dublin, from the transatlantic voyage, the day before,

so I can't understand the late check in for us.

Our check out at the place we are staying is at noon, I hope we can still bring our bags to the ship earlier than the 4:30 check in.

Thought I would post the situation here on the general Celebrity board to see if anyone has insight.

Thanks, Mark

I did the online check in today and the express pass states that the check in time is from 4:30 - 8:30 pm.

Have never seen such a late check in.

(The edocs were not available to view yet, luggage tags not orderable at this time, but that's OK)

The ship appears to be scheduled to arrive in Dublin, from the transatlantic voyage, the day before,

Our check out at the place we are staying is at noon, I hope we can still bring our bags to the ship earlier than the 4:30 check in.

I've had a late departing cruise before and they indicated a late check-in. I showed up at the port around regular check in time of about 11:00 AM and was immediately processed and was aboard in about 15 minutes.

Thanks, Mark

The ship does in fact arrive the day before, but it has an overnight, so in actuality it is as if the arrival is on the 30th. I know there are a lot of people doing a B2B on that one, so maybe that is part of the reason.

The ship does in fact arrive the day before, but it has an overnight, so in actuality it is as if the arrival is on the 30th. I know there are a lot of people doing a B2B on that one, so maybe that is part of the reason.

I'm on the TA but departing on the 30th and yes, a lot of people are continuing on the next cruise. I know when we did our Norway cruise many people stayed on to do the Baltic and they had to disembark and go through customs which took time. New cruisers were not allowed to check in before all of the B2B's were processed.