Breakaway Trip Reports???

anmoore21

I sailed on the Breakaway this past summer on a Baltic Cruise. I prefer smaller ships that cater more to adults. The cabins were fine, the shows were excellent and the crew was friendly. But, the ship was crowded and the large public spaces are very noisy. The Breakaway is probably a good ship for families....lots for kids to do. However, there were very few cultural enrichment activities for adults. On our Alaskan Cruise on Princess, there were a number of people who came on board to talk about Alaskan culture and the wildlife. I was expecting some talks on the culture of each country we were going to see...the programs that NCL had were sales pitches for little Russian dolls etc.... The biggest problem is that the Ship is too big for many Baltic ports unless the sea is very calm. We essentially missed two ports of six. In Germany, we had to wait a day and a half to go into port due to choppy seas. Our shore excursion was canceled due to only having three hours in port. Then, we had to skip Tallin due to the time we spent trying to get into port in Germany. It was also difficult to get on and off the ship due to the sheer number of passengers. I personally prefer a smaller ship. Our experience on the Sun was much better.