Breaking News - Explosion and blackout in Puerto Rico

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry to hear that, and the people of Puerto Rico have had enough in their lap in recent months.

Accepting that context, I ask this...any sense of how likely this is to affect cruises departing from Puerto Rico, and when/how long?

Adventure of the Seas is due to depart Sat. late evening Feb. 17th. Is this likely to be a problem with that?

Richard.

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry to hear that, and the people of Puerto Rico have had enough in their lap in recent months.

Accepting that context, I ask this...any sense of how likely this is to affect cruises departing from Puerto Rico, and when/how long?

Adventure of the Seas is due to depart Sat. late evening Feb. 17th. Is this likely to be a problem with that?

Richard.

Agree. Cruise ships will still sail...

Going to be in PR in June. We specifically chose the itinerary because if we were going on a cruise, we thought it would be nice to put a little money in the pocket of these folks who have been hit so hard. They really need a break. It breaks my heart to see these islands and the people there suffering.

It was an explosion on a small power station. It only affected some towns. Power came back in less than am hour at my house, and it lasted for at most 5 hours in other locations.

The good thing is that most places have power generators, so business and hotels continue operating normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was an explosion on a small power station. It only affected some towns. Power came back in less than am hour at my house, and it lasted for at most 5 hours in other locations.

The good thing is that most places have power generators, so business and hotels continue operating normally.

We are here in Isla Verde for the Winter. Power went off at 9 pm last nite & came back on about 1 a.m. Was SO thankful - pictured having to throw out all of our food in frig. This is 1st power outage we've had since Jan. 7th so thought things were going good.

NJ

It came in to my phone last night as breaking news from the Miami Herald.

Thanks for the info. I’m trying to keep an eye on the Puerto Rico situation before my cruise in June so I’ll know if I need to re-route my pre-cruise hotels and such.