Randi's Happy Horses

kellanderson

Randi - she's friendly, talkative, easy going

Randi's partners who manage the horses and ride with you - they speak little English but are very helpful and fun

Randi's horses - great

Randi's stop at Victor's Restaurant - good food, friendly cook and nice view of the beach

No, I can't say anything bad about Randi's Happy Horses!

We joined Randi and her happy horses when we were on the Elation back in June 2003. It was the highlight of our trip! Our son (who was 11 at the time) had a ball and it is the one thing that he insists we do again when we take the Pride in April! It really was the perfect day... everything that a crusing excursion should be! :)

We were just with Randi last week and we had the time of our lives. Randi is great and everyone who works with her goes out of their way to make your day enjoyable. I have mobility problems and they helped me every step of the way so I could ride. The horses are great and the ride on the beach is beautiful! The food at Victor's was wonderful and Randi does control the vendors. Don't worry you're in good hands and you'll have a great time, I can't wait to go back.

If you have time go into Mazatlan and get a massage at Royal Spa. $20 for 1 hour! I know I needed a massage after riding. LOL

Karen

We have booked her ride (via internet) for our March 12th cruise on the Pride.

We have a special needs child who has a form of autism and from everything I have read and from emailing her....we have no doubts that this outing will go off without any major hitches (no pun intended).

We have 4 horses reserved. My husband has also asked for a senior citizen horse and my oldest son will be able to handle a little spunkier model.

Myself, I have requested a spirited animal. I have had horses since I was 4 and love a strong spunky steed. Sadly the only time I get to ride anymore is when we are on vacation.

She has stated that you can ride nose to tail...if that is what you prefer or break from the crowd if you want to. One word of warning, if you are riding a spirited animal always defer to the animal about which path to take. They know the area and you don't. You want to have fun without getting yourself or an animal hurt.

Randi said you will be back to the ship by 2pm which gives you plenty of time to shop before going back to the ship.

Have a great time and let us know how it goes!!

i have ridden many times with randi and have had fun more fun and sometimes outrageous fun...why look for the negatives you will find enough of that from your fellow toxic passengers who will be eternally complaining about food tips lousy service etc...and they are the people who dont know how to enjoy themselves and spoil it for others...the only downside to randi is that there isnt any downside... go and ride mon dear or dearette and let the outsides of the horse heal your insides..:>))

Anyone have anything negative to say about Randi's Happy Horses? We are booked and ready to go!

I think it just depends on your group as to how long you are on the horses. We were over an hour - our group was content to just slowly ride on that beautiful beach. Our then 6 year old grandson was still not ready to get off - everyone wanted to keep going (although this Nana's back was ready to get off). Enjoy every minute of it - it's the greatest tour in Mexico.

My DH and I were booked with her,on Nov.25,05.to our great disapointment,when the Dawn princess,pulled into mazatlan it was poaring rain.We got off the ship Randi was waiting for us,we talked for awhile to see if it was going to stop.we had a great visit with her(we are horse owners too)She explaned to us that in Mazatlan it has to rain before Dec.1 every year and as long as she's been there it has!We decided to cancel<reason one,we were the only ones booked.<reason two my husband is very thin and does not like getting wet and cold.Randi was great and shared a taxi with us,to where a beautiful church, is in mazatlan.where we waited out the rain in a coffee shop sipping on mexican cocoa( a sweet childhood mememory for me)she even gave us her unbrella !!Even though we dident ride one of the highlights off our trip was meeting Randi, and we will book again on our next cruise.just to visit with her again! .

Randi...she is AWESOME...just got back from a cruise and my friends loved their experience...I couldn't go because my foot was broken..but got to sit with Randi and "chew the fat" and have a great time on the beach with shrimp, beer and conversation! If you really want to have fun, do this...either ride, and/or just "hang out" with Randi at "Victor's"...trust me...I dont' think there is a better way to spend your day in this port!!!! LuAnn

Randi was at the pier area and took as via open air "trucks" to the small ferry boats to go to Stone Island...then we were picked up by an open air flat bed truck pulled by a tractor and taken to the horses/and or the beach, if you weren't riding.....total time from pier to island...maybe 30 minutes....LuAnn

On Randi's website, it is indicated that pick up time is 8.30 am from the pier. so if the horse ride is about 1 hour etc.. what kind of time duration are we looking at from the time we get picked up by Randi... and back to the pier.. my other option is to consider beach and city tour with Frank.. My husband and I have been to Mazatlan twice.. but when the kids were very young.. like 2 and 5. .and they have limited memory of Mazatlan other than the beach on El Cid and one of them having her hair braided on the beach. Or to just rent the Pulmonias and go to the Golden Zone, and roam old Mazatlan on our own... any suggestions.. our other party of 3 - 2 adults and a 15 year old have never been to Mexico.. so this will be their first..

This really sounds like something my son and I would like to do (he'll turn 29 a few months before our January 7, 2007 cruise and I'll be six days away from my 60th birthday on January 13th . . . :eek: ). Is this something that someone my age would enjoy? I think the last time I was on a horse I had to have been under twenty. I've read that the ride is about an hour long which sounds perfect to me. It says they pick you up at the ship or dock at 8:30 a.m. That sort of presents a problem right off the bat . . . our ship (Carnival's Pride) isn't scheduled to arrive until 9:00 a.m. Hopefully I will be able to arrange a later meeting (unless our arrival time isn't on the same time zone as Mazatian) . . . does anyone know? Also, about what time dose the tour end? Our ship leaves at 6:00 p.m. and I'd sort of like to do a little shopping (or at least look to see what the local artists have to offer). One last question . . . what does one wear (on one's body and feet) to ride the horses in Mazatian?

thank you thank you

i didn't doubt there were negatives but you never know....some things do appear to good to be true.i have been emailing randi and just as an FYI to everyone she would love to have some old horse magazines sent or brought down to her....i live in new mexico so i should be able to wraggle some up- but for those of you that frequent the libraries i know they get rid of old mags on a monly basis so keep your eyes peeled i know she would be appreciative.!

i am so excited to meet and connect with her....anyone know about how many people total are on each ride?

Here is her Website http://www.randishappyhorses.com/index.html

I just e-mailed and booked for April 6th when the Pride brings us into Mazatlan! We can't wait to spend another day in Paradise!

I used that link last night to book with Randi for March 2, 2006. I was wondering how long did it take to get a conformation from her? I have still not gotten an email back stating whether or not we were booked with her.

Jennifer

We were just with Randi last week and we had the time of our lives. Randi is great and everyone who works with her goes out of their way to make your day enjoyable. I have mobility problems and they helped me every step of the way so I could ride. The horses are great and the ride on the beach is beautiful! The food at Victor's was wonderful and Randi does control the vendors. Don't worry you're in good hands and you'll have a great time, I can't wait to go back.

If you have time go into Mazatlan and get a massage at Royal Spa. $20 for 1 hour! I know I needed a massage after riding. LOL

Karen

I'm so glad to read that. I have arthritis in my back & knees, & have had back surgery once. I was able to take my 1st ride on a horse at a dude ranch in Texas a couple years ago. This was post surgery. My DH really wants to ride a horse on the beach & in the ocean. I'm going to give it a try for him. I'm glad to see they'll be patient & help me get on the horse. :) I'm sure I'll be fine, during the ride. It's getting on & off that concerns me a bit.

Archived