Just help please

happydays42

My wife and l are about to take our first p&o [emoji636] Cruise, from Brisbane to Hong Kong. We have sailed previously on Cunard, however l was hoping to seek a little early clarification:

1. From what l have read l assume Ex Military OBC is not applicable for Australians?

2. You can bring onboard 1 litre of alcohol for cabin usage? What about soft drink?

3. Would anyone have a copy of a drinks package list?

4. I note we have four black tie evenings. If required l would bring these, but was wondering would an appropriate suit and tie, and not long gown for my wife be acceptable? We were simply hoping not to carry all the excess clothing for our onward journey.

Thank you all. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't wear long to all the formal nights. Sometimes wear a cocktail dress, or even velvet trousers and a nice top. You could wear an ordinary suit, but you need a tie.

Personally I couldn't be bothered to carry on soft drinks, but I think you could. We don't do the wine package either. We find the house wines perfectly acceptable and you can drink some of the bottle and they label it and bring it back the next night.

In regards to the black tie evenings a lounge suit for gentlemen and a short cocktail dress (even trousers) for ladies are acceptable.

As I reside in the UK I am unable to clarify the situation regarding Military OBC but cannot see any reason why you should not get it. Just send proof of service to your agent for forwarding to P&O. There is no harm in trying.

Hi....on our last cruise with P&O in September long " ball" dresses were very few and far between....majority wore cocktail dresses or trousers and a " glitzy" top on the formal nights. I always take on board a small bottle of concentrated cordial ....usually lemon... to add to water....I find to drink water "neat" is hard to get down so just a drop or two of the cordial makes it much more palatable. Are you asking about soft drinks that are used as mixers to go with your 1 litre alcohol allowance?

My wife and l are about to take our first p&o [emoji636] Cruise, from Brisbane to Hong Kong. We have sailed previously on Cunard, however l was hoping to seek a little early clarification:

1. From what l have read l assume Ex Military OBC is not applicable for Australians?

2. You can bring onboard 1 litre of alcohol for cabin usage? What about soft drink?

3. Would anyone have a copy of a drinks package list?

4. I note we have four black tie evenings. If required l would bring these, but was wondering would an appropriate suit and tie, and not long gown for my wife be acceptable? We were simply hoping not to carry all the excess clothing for our onward journey.

Thank you all. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are doing the Sydney to Singapore next year - we did a similar leg last year. My husband just takes a normal suit (lightweight) with 2 shirts and 1 tie and I just take 1 dress that will pass as a cocktail dress and a pair of long black trousers and a few nice tops. I just scroll through them each night. With baggage restrictions these days, its hard to pack for every type of scenario.

Can't help with the alcohol allowances and packages as we never bother. We have found P&O the cheapest of all the ships we have been on for alcohol.

mummsie