Long Beach Coast Hotel

kellanderson

Best Western Sunrise. It is about 1 mile from the San Padro Pier. Free shuttle in the morning to the terminal.
They are leaving out of Long Beach, not San Pedro. Which Holiday Inn are you looking at?

We stayed at the Guest House International Inn in Long Beach dor $75 last year. Just took a peak and it looks like they have rooms available Feb 18.... $89. Send an email and ask if you can get a room for $75.

It's a decent 3 star hotel... outside corridors... rooms fully equiped, but nothing to write home about. It is located in a nice part of town with plenty of shopping, groceries, and fast-food nearby. You are about 5 miles from the port... a 10 minute ride.

They have a free shuttle to the port that we took advantage of. We did the "Stay, Park, Cruise" package where we arrived by car a day before our cruise, enjoyed their pool ( September), and left out car parked there for a week... all for $75. Parking at the port would have cost more than that.

http://www.guesthouselb.com/home.html

• 5 weeks later...

CruiseChat, as those things change regularly, check out betterbidding.com and biddingforfun.com. There are lists but again they may not always be updated in a timely manner. Try to read what recent bids have been accepted on each site: Priceline or Hotwire, for dates closer to your sailing.

Tammy, the "rooms" on the Queen Mary are very small. Think of an old cruise liner. Some say it is not worth the price. We loved the Coast Hotel and bookded directly with them.

Bon Voyage

CruiseChat, as those things change regularly, check out betterbidding.com and biddingforfun.com. There are lists but again they may not always be updated in a timely manner. Try to read what recent bids have been accepted on each site: Priceline or Hotwire, for dates closer to your sailing.

Tammy, the "rooms" on the Queen Mary are very small. Think of an old cruise liner. Some say it is not worth the price. We loved the Coast Hotel and bookded directly with them.

Bon Voyage

Thanks Nana . . . my son thought it would be fun to stay on an old famous cruise ship for a night. However . . . I think I would personally rather stay in a real hotel. Tell me about the Coast Hotel and do they offer transportation to the port?

For the Westin or Hilton in Long Beach, how many stars should you put on Priceline?

Our opening bid was for 3 star since we were looking for the Coast Hotel, but we were upgraded to the 4 star Westin in Long Beach. If you say the Coast is booked I would start with and only pick 4 stars.......My opening bid was $92, didn't want to fool around with anything lower and wanted to get it over with and booked.

WE are happy with the Westin, maybe next time in Long Beach we will hit for The Coast Hotel.

Good luck

Jimbo:)

For the Westin or Hilton in Long Beach, how many stars should you put on Priceline?

Long Beach

4* Hilton

4* Hyatt Regency Long Beach (previously 3*)

4* Reniassance

4* Westin

3* Coast Hotel

2.5* Courtyard by Marriott

We just got the Westin for $91 in Feb

Archived