MSC vs NCL

Devo12

Ummm...wait! If we're in the YC - and we are - we are seriously tied to only the YC restaurant??? :o:o So we cannot eat at any of the free MDR's if we want to change up a night or two?? That's definitely different....:confused::confused:

Seems like an odd request....I mean once you've eaten in a MDR....they are virtually the same experience on each ship. Also more crowded...chance of poor service, etc. I could understand maybe shaking it up with one of the Specialty Restaurants though....

Seems like an odd request....I mean once you've eaten in a MDR....they are virtually the same experience on each ship. Also more crowded...chance of poor service, etc. I could understand maybe shaking it up with one of the Specialty Restaurants though....

Yup! That's what we're gonna do...;);)

People really enjoy the yacht club. We sailed on the Divina in Bella in a very obstructed balcony room. You’ll like it. The food is quite edible, but not quite American. Or Canadian. Go with the flow there. The seafood dishes were the best in the dining room. There was a sign in the room about dressing up for all public areas after 6 pm. But we didn’t see any clothing police, and one guy was wearing a tiny speedo on deck during the day. He was heavy and looked naked at first glance. Dress up at night, go nearly nude during the day....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ummm...wait! If we're in the YC - and we are - we are seriously tied to only the YC restaurant??? :o:o So we cannot eat at any of the free MDR's if we want to change up a night or two?? That's definitely different....:confused::confused:

You may not be aware, but the YC restaurant's offerings are of a better quality than the MDRs and the menus change for every lunch and dinner.

One reason for wanting access to the MDR, is if you make new friends and they are not IN the YC. Or can you bring them in? I would think not. So we might want to dine with them elsewhere.

You're saying we need to arrange this with the concierge?

Thanks,

Stephen

One reason for wanting access to the MDR, is if you make new friends and they are not IN the YC. Or can you bring them in? I would think not. So we might want to dine with them elsewhere.

You're saying we need to arrange this with the concierge?

Thanks,

Stephen

IF you wish to invite anyone to dine with you in YC, you have to get special permission plus there would be an extra charge.

It's not possible to just arrange a table in the MDR to dine with "new friends" - it would not be logistically possible to have tables available on the off-chance of this type of request.

A little about myself, I am 38, cruise with my 40 year old wife and 15 year old son. We are from the cold north canada and are looking booking a cruise for next February (19). We have done 3 cruises, with the last 2 on NCL. The escape and Getaway. We really enjoy NCL, everything they offer we enjoy. Looking at going on their new ship the bliss next year but there are a few things I don’t particularly care for.

Anyways, I have been looking at MSC and we can cruise in the yacht club for the same money as a balcony on NCL.(free drinks& 3 free specialty meals)

We enjoy laying around, relaxing, our son is very active and enjoys teen club and meeting new friends.

Will we enjoy MSC? Is it freestyle cruising like NCL? Food edible? Yacht club worth it?

Sorry for all the ?’s but thanks for the help.

DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did not read through all the replies in this thread but my opinion is that you will probably be happier to stay with ncl. Not that there is anything wrong with MSc but it is much less exciting. Less to do. Lower budget entertainment. Far fewer activities for a teen. Most people (me included) find the food significantly better on ncl. Overall the vibe is pretty low key while ncl vibe is more happy/energetic.My dh is very active and i would never choose MSc when sailing with him, but MSc is a good choice for a relaxing girls spa trip.

With that said, MSc is an excellent value vacation. If you are looking for a bargain it’s hard to beat.

Enjoy whichever you decide:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Divina and haven’t been on the Seaside. The shows are like different chapters of the same book with a variety of singing, dancing, costumes, acrobatics, and orchestra. They use the same players. The ‘French’ show was just a bit too risqué for children and teens in my opinion. I cringed during parts of it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums