Kids Sail Free

We are doing a family cruise in September on Oasis. Have four rooms booked with four kids total. If the new price is lower with the sale can we get a discount and keep same rooms? How do we go about doing this? My mom booked all the rooms and is paying for the cruise and I’d love to help her save some money if at all possible. Thanks so much

We are doing a family cruise in September on Oasis. Have four rooms booked with four kids total. If the new price is lower with the sale can we get a discount and keep same rooms? How do we go about doing this? My mom booked all the rooms and is paying for the cruise and I’d love to help her save some money if at all possible. Thanks so much

Contact whoever booked your cruise and ask them to check if your fares have dropped.

Contact whoever booked your cruise and ask them to check if your fares have dropped.

We booked directly through RC so I’ll have my mom call them tomorrow. I just did a mock booking and I believe our room went down $400! We have two other rooms with kids in it so this will help a ton. Thanks

We booked directly through RC so I’ll have my mom call them tomorrow. I just did a mock booking and I believe our room went down $400! We have two other rooms with kids in it so this will help a ton. Thanks

Others may be able to confirm, but in the past, the kids sail free prices did not apply to kids who were the first two guests in a stateroom.

Others may be able to confirm, but in the past, the kids sail free prices did not apply to kids who were the first two guests in a stateroom.

Yes I think you are right. I should clarify that we have two rooms with 2 adults in each plus 1-2 kids so we should qualify on those. There is one room with no kids and one with a child as guest 2

Yes I think you are right. I should clarify that we have two rooms with 2 adults in each plus 1-2 kids so we should qualify on those. There is one room with no kids and one with a child as guest 2

Sounds like you have a good chance to save some money. Good luck!

Sounds like you have a good chance to save some money. Good luck!

So we called today and the rep was so nice and very helpful. All cabins had a price drop from what my mom had originally paid. Overall she saved $2800 :o:o She obviously is thrilled! They did have to switch it to a non refundable deposit but that’s fine at this point. Each room also received $100 OBC. I still can’t believe the savings. She wasn’t going to call based on a bad experience a few months ago with a Royal rep but you can bet she’s happy she did! Well worth her 20 minutes on the phone. Thanks to those that answered my questions and encouraged us to call.

So we called today and the rep was so nice and very helpful. All cabins had a price drop from what my mom had originally paid. Overall she saved $2800 :o:o She obviously is thrilled! They did have to switch it to a non refundable deposit but that’s fine at this point. Each room also received $100 OBC. I still can’t believe the savings. She wasn’t going to call based on a bad experience a few months ago with a Royal rep but you can bet she’s happy she did! Well worth her 20 minutes on the phone. Thanks to those that answered my questions and encouraged us to call.

Fantastic savings! Nice to hear a positive outcome.:D

We just got an amazing deal using this promo! Sailing on a 7-day Labor Day week with 2 adults and 3 kids for around $1700....can't beat it!! We were ready to book our normal Carnival, but we couldn't resist trying out RC while saving over $1200 vs. Carnival's pricing.

The website says kids sail free book between March 1 - March 5 under their terms and conditions but earlier in this thread someone said the promo was good March 1 - 28. Is this correct, are these prices good through the 28th? The cruise we are looking at has kids sale free and also the splash offer 30%off. I am hoping I can book in 10 days with the same price.

The website says kids sail free book between March 1 - March 5 under their terms and conditions but earlier in this thread someone said the promo was good March 1 - 28. Is this correct, are these prices good through the 28th? The cruise we are looking at has kids sale free and also the splash offer 30%off. I am hoping I can book in 10 days with the same price.

Kids sail free is until the 28th

Splash and save is until the 5th.

30% off is forever:rolleyes:

somewhat related question. When i try to book a room for 3 of us, one being a kid. It seems that Royal is the only cruise line in the world that charges the same for all three people? So the room booked with two of us is 2000 when I add my child as a third in the same room it jumps to 3000. Is this normal? Correct?

If it is i will have to be going with the other lines.

Thanks

somewhat related question. When i try to book a room for 3 of us, one being a kid. It seems that Royal is the only cruise line in the world that charges the same for all three people? So the room booked with two of us is 2000 when I add my child as a third in the same room it jumps to 3000. Is this normal? Correct?

Thanks

Third and fourth guests on a stateroom are normally less expensive than guests 1 and 2. Try calling, maybe the website is acting up.

Thanks

I just did a mock booking for my daughter and noticed the same thing. I thought there must be a mistake. Isn’t the 3rd and 4th passengers always a reduced rate?

I just did a mock booking for my daughter and noticed the same thing. I thought there must be a mistake. Isn’t the 3rd and 4th passengers always a reduced rate?

Not always, but it would be very unusual for them not to be at a reduced rate.

So, I just called. For a balcony cabin the lady on the phone confirmed that guest 1 and 2 were $1200 each while Guest 3 was $800. So slightly discounted but nowhere near the level that every other cruise line does.

I was also shopping for 2 adults and a child. No mention of kids sail free.

I find that sometimes when they want to fill capacity for certain itineraries, or just even certain cabin categories of an itinerary, they raise the 3rd/4th price so high to "discourage" people to book quad cabin and "encourage" people to book 2 double occupancy cabins.

• 3 months later...