Next cruise booking onboard question?

Two benefits of booking on board:

1) Reduced deposits for non-suites, $100 deposit pp versus $250 for most sailings and categories.

2) Future On Board Credit

4 - 5 Nights $25 inside or outside, $50 balcony or JS, $150 Grand Suite and above

6 - 9 Nights $50 inside or outside, $100 balcony or JS, $300 Grand Suite and above

10 Nights and above $100 inside or outside, $200 balcony or JS, $500 Grand Suite or above.

Of course if you see a good price before you are on the ship, you run the risk of a price increase that's greater than the on board credit. Above OBC amounts are from a flyer placed in our cabin today on the Oasis.

Two benefits of booking on board:

1) Reduced deposits for non-suites, $100 deposit pp versus $250 for most sailings and categories.

2) Future On Board Credit

4 - 5 Nights $25 inside or outside, $50 balcony or JS, $150 Grand Suite and above

6 - 9 Nights $50 inside or outside, $100 balcony or JS, $300 Grand Suite and above

10 Nights and above $100 inside or outside, $200 balcony or JS, $500 Grand Suite or above.

Of course if you see a good price before you are on the ship, you run the risk of a price increase that's greater than the on board credit. Above OBC amounts are from a flyer placed in our cabin today on the Oasis.

Are NextCruise bookings still eligible for reduced deposits?

NextCruise will no longer offer reduced deposits for onboard bookings. The deposit required onboard

will be equivalent to same value as a shoreside deposit which ranges between $100 – $450 per person

depending on length of cruise.

Are NextCruise bookings still eligible for reduced deposits?

NextCruise will no longer offer reduced deposits for onboard bookings. The deposit required onboard

will be equivalent to same value as a shoreside deposit which ranges between $100 – $450 per person

depending on length of cruise.

This part has changed in the last few mionths and they do offer reduced deposits now, but only on cruises booked with non-refundable deposits.

This part has changed in the last few mionths and they do offer reduced deposits now, but only on cruises booked with non-refundable deposits.

We were on the Jewel Jan 28- Feb 4th. I booked 2 cabins on the Freedom for next year. Balcony, deck 6. They offered me the $100pp non refundable deposit and $200 OBC.

What kind of deals and credits do you get when you book onboard? Is it worth it to wait till you sail to book? Are the benefits any different if you book a specific cruise? Tia.

Word of advice. If you wait to book on board, you run the risk of prices rising before you sail. I get that with the non-refundable deposit, it takes away the ability to book then cancel and rebook on board. So you have to weigh the possibility. We did a cruise a couple of years ago. A friend wanted to go but decided to wait to book on their cruse coming up 3 weeks after I booked. By the time of their cruise, the price of our cruise had risen $1000 PER PERSON! So for the sake of $100 OBC, they didn't go on the cruise.

If you book a refundable deposit rate, you can always cancel and rebook when you get on board.

Just something to consider.

If you find better offers after booking on board can you still get better deal with no penalties

Yes, if you are booking under US/Canadian rules, you can get price drops on cruises you book onboard.

Just a side note. My husband and I cruised a lot and we always took advantage of the next cruise booking. My husband passed away in 2013 and I forgot about them. My children and I went on a cruise three years later and the $200.00 was still good. I'm going on Allure in May and they also honored a next cruise booking from 2011. Thank you Royal

We are eyeing a cruise on Celebrity for 2020 and were wondering if you can still purchase Next Cruise Certificates for Celebrity on an RCCL ship? We purchase several Next Cruise certificates to use on RCCL when we were on our last Celebrity cruise. Also, does anyone have a link or the information what perks you get when purchasing a Celebrity Next Cruise certificate (like the info posted above for RCCL)?

My only reason to book onboard was the reduced deposit and some onboard credit

Reduced deposit is gone unless I have a non refundable and I believe onboard credit has been reduced as well.

I no longer visit their desk 🤴🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are eyeing a cruise on Celebrity for 2020 and were wondering if you can still purchase Next Cruise Certificates for Celebrity on an RCCL ship? We purchase several Next Cruise certificates to use on RCCL when we were on our last Celebrity cruise. Also, does anyone have a link or the information what perks you get when purchasing a Celebrity Next Cruise certificate (like the info posted above for RCCL)?

Best to ask that on the Celebrity forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

I don't think that they sell certificates any more, do they?

I don't think that they sell certificates any more, do they?

Not sure, the documentation I've seen from last August mentions "Open Booking", but it could very well be that RC cut and pasted that paragraph from another doc and the Open Booking really doesn't exist.

My only reason to book onboard was the reduced deposit and some onboard credit

Reduced deposit is gone unless I have a non refundable and I believe onboard credit has been reduced as well.

I no longer visit their desk 🤴🏼

On board credit for a refundable deposit booking has been reduced. However, on board credit for a non-refundable depost booking has gone up if you book more that 6 months in advance.